Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Paint and seal on the front access cover
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gunny
In my quest to keep my car rust free as much as possible I cleaned up the front access panel. This is what I started with after removing the seal.
gunny
Removed the paint and rust with a 3M wheel on my drill. Then finished it up by hand.
gunny
Added 2 coats of primer.
gunny
2 Coats of Black
gunny
Put on the new rubber from 914Rubber and One less thing on my car that needs to be worked on.
IanS
looks great! Never seen one that clean before...
jsayre914
cheer.gif Nice Job
Tom_T
Looks nice Gunny!
Mikey914
Nice job. Mind if I borrow your picture for the website. Unfortunately, I just used my car and didn't have a lot of time to clean it up pretty.
914Eric

Very nice job.

OK...I'm a dummy...but where is this access cover? Since I have my car stripped down except for the center console I'm guessing behind the console?
914itis
Under the car , covers the steering rack and gas tank access hole.
914Eric
QUOTE(914itis @ Jan 21 2013, 10:48 AM) *

Under the car , covers the steering rack and gas tank access hole.

Ahhh...gas tank access. I took that one off. screwy.gif

Thanks Paul
Tom
gunny,
That's nice, until you put it back on and see how much the rest of the undercarriage needs similar work done!. smile.gif Don't know when I will get to that! Not sure if I should take the undercoating off?
Tom
gunny
I have started on the undercoating already. I'm doing a little at a time. I've already done the driver side front fenderwell and some of the driver floor. It is slow going, Ive been scraping it off with a screwdriver and putty knife. I've been lucky so far and haven't found anything but some small amount of surface rust.

I started the undercoating after completing the interior floor. I removed the tar then painted with por 15. I covered the floor with hushmat before putting the carpet back in.

This is a long term project. ar15.gif
914outlaw
QUOTE(gunny @ Jan 21 2013, 11:42 AM) *

Put on the new rubber from 914Rubber and One less thing on my car that needs to be worked on.

Looks nice. beerchug.gif
Mikey914
Looks like you could use at least front trunk drain tube.
Tom
Mikey,
Yes, smile.gif along with engine bay seals, targa top seals, window seals, the list is long. One of these days I need to get in touch with you and determine all of my needs and get them all at once.
Tom
Mikey914
You know I'll just keep making more biggrin.gif
But yes, just let me know what you need.
Thx
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.