Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hydraulic clutch
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
partwerks
Has anyone done a hydraulic clutch, and is it hard to do?
Dave_Darling
It has been done. It isn't the easiest thing in the world, but it's not that bad from what I have read.

You can use the pedal cluster and I think the clutch master cylinder from a 964 Carrera. I have read that clearance problems are minimal with that. Then you have to run the hydraulic line somewhere back to the transmission, and you have to fabricate a bracket to hold the slave cylinder. Make sure the bracket is solid; I have read several cases where the slave cylinder moved and made the clutch action very mushy.

The sandrail guys may have a good slave cylinder setup.

--DD
David J
Search this list for ideas about Hydraulic Clutch setup:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...aulic+%2Bclutch
euro911
Get in touch with Joe O'Brien (Series9) ... I think he was working on a system
sean_v8_914
964 pedals, tilton has the T/O bearing
Steve
Do a search on prs914-6
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...c=75785&hl=
I like Paul's solution the best. The 964 pedals requires hacking up the tunnel, from what I remember.
RON S.
QUOTE(Steve @ Jan 23 2013, 11:21 AM) *

Do a search on prs914-6
I like Paul's solution the best. The 964 pedals requires hacking up the tunnel, from what I remember.

Steve's right, it will require a hack on a front corner of the tunnel, after that it's a bolt in.

Dave's also right that you need a stout bracket on the Trans to hold the slave cylinder.

I did it many years ago, and it's still working w/o fail. I ran a hard line through the former clutch cable hole IIRC.

You will have to re-route the throttle linkage.

904svo
Here's a picture of how I mounted my slave cylinder to the transmission.

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.