Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Turn signal and brake lights will not turn on Dash
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
juliomagdaleno
I have a 1974 porsche with a 2.0 I am trying to get to pass inspection. I purchased the car about 3 weeks ago and am trying to work out all the bugs. The turn signals did not work and i fixed the problem, they all work now including the hazards. The problem is the turn signal light on the dash does not blink. The bulb is good and there is no power going to the bulb. It is a blue wire with white marks that comes from the relay with no power. Is it the relay that is bad, i tried to find the relay local, Austin TX, and have been unsuccessful, guess i have to order the part. I tried using a Tridon EP26 relay but i guess this is not the correct relay. Anyone have any suggestions, is it the relay or should i be looking at something else.
I also have a problem with the parking brake light, is there a relay for this and what should i look for to make this light turn on.

thanks
LotusJoe
QUOTE(juliomagdaleno @ Jan 29 2013, 09:06 AM) *

I have a 1974 porsche with a 2.0 I am trying to get to pass inspection. I purchased the car about 3 weeks ago and am trying to work out all the bugs. The turn signals did not work and i fixed the problem, they all work now including the hazards. The problem is the turn signal light on the dash does not blink. The bulb is good and there is no power going to the bulb. It is a blue wire with white marks that comes from the relay with no power. Is it the relay that is bad, i tried to find the relay local, Austin TX, and have been unsuccessful, guess i have to order the part. I tried using a Tridon EP26 relay but i guess this is not the correct relay. Anyone have any suggestions, is it the relay or should i be looking at something else.
I also have a problem with the parking brake light, is there a relay for this and what should i look for to make this light turn on.

thanks

Parking brake uses the same relay as the turn signals. I would suspect that the parking brake switch is not connected to ground. Auto Atlanta stocks the proper turn signal relay.
juliomagdaleno
QUOTE(LotusJoe @ Jan 29 2013, 10:35 AM) *

thanks

Parking brake uses the same relay as the turn signals. I would suspect that the parking brake switch is not connected to ground. Auto Atlanta stocks the proper turn signal relay.

I just ordered a replacement uro switch, hope this works. I was hoping there was something i could cross reference.
LotusJoe
I got one from my local parts supplier (SSF) and it was the same URO, so it should work fine.
Mike Bellis

thanks

The flasher relay is a dual relay. The dash lamp connection is a separate function from the exterior lamps. I suspect you need a new flasher relay. The new switch may not fix the problem. The switch has no effect on the dash lamp. Even if you hear it "click", the relay can still be bad.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.