Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hand Brake Dilema
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
martinef1963
Hey gang - I have a 72 914 that when I disengage the emergency brake (two piece lever) the flashing red lights in the dash won't turn off.

After I disengage to brakes - I have to physically push the lever away from the driver's seat so they can turn off, but once I let go of the lever the problem returns - any help on what I need to do to fix this?

thanks, headbang.gif
Joe Ricard
two options. bed the hand lever to actuate THE SWITCH. or relocate the switch (just kidding).
Kargeek
There is a pin switch similar to one located in the door jam that works the dome light. It is located below the emergency brake handle. Check this switch- the brake handle pushes against it and breaks it from grounding and working the light.
martinef1963
The switch if below the ratchet or the lever/s?

thanks, boldblue.gif
skline
If all of that does not turn the light off, then you may have a problem with your M/C. Check that next.
F4i
agree.gif there is a reset button on it. Check for the REAL problem though.
jim912928
the switch the handbrake hits is on the floor pan support brace that goes from the drivers side door to the passenger side door in front of the seats. It is just a switch like in the door jam that the handbrake lever goes against when down.
McMark
QUOTE(F4i @ Nov 12 2004, 01:18 PM)
agree.gif there is a reset button on it. Check for the REAL problem though.

Not all master cylinders have the reset button. Someday I'll have told everybody and people will start saying "Check you M/C for a reset button, some have them."
wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.