Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Racing Harness
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
ww914
If I am reading the rules for racing correctly, the SFI 16.1 rule states that harnesses must be renewed every two years or so. If that is so, is there an abundance of usable harnesses out there for AX use or do the racers toss them?
brant
different organizations have different rules
mine uses a 5 year date

I've sold one set used, and gave another set away to a friend

but yes there are some road racing harnesses reapplied into autox

ww914
QUOTE(ww914 @ Jan 31 2013, 07:01 AM) *

If I am reading the rules for racing correctly, the SFI 16.1 rule states that harnesses must be renewed every two years or so. If that is so, is there an abundance of usable harnesses out there for AX use or do the racers toss them?

I got my Sparco seat installed on my existing seat brackets. I had to make an adapter, but it works and fits great. I can use the existing tilt and slide mechanism. The seat has five holes for belts. Since I havent' heard from anyone regarding their used belt, I am thinking of the Schroth Profi ASM. This belt is a four point belt that has some technology for anti-submarining. It has the street legal "Press" button for street legality. I do have the seat crotch slot, but do I really need that feature for auto-cross? I am thinking not. I can always get a different buckle and sub straps later if I wish. Here's the link to the belt:

http://www.schrothracing.com/competition/p...sm/profi-II-asm
tscrihfield
QUOTE(ww914 @ Feb 10 2013, 10:16 AM) *

QUOTE(ww914 @ Jan 31 2013, 07:01 AM) *

I got my Sparco seat installed on my existing seat brackets. I had to make an adapter, but it works and fits great. I can use the existing tilt and slide mechanism. The seat has five holes for belts. Since I havent' heard from anyone regarding their used belt, I am thinking of the Schroth Profi ASM. This belt is a four point belt that has some technology for anti-submarining. It has the street legal "Press" button for street legality. I do have the seat crotch slot, but do I really need that feature for auto-cross? I am thinking not. I can always get a different buckle and sub straps later if I wish. Here's the link to the belt:

http://www.schrothracing.com/competition/p...sm/profi-II-asm

The schroth harness has a "6" point adapter to it that has anti sub. But some of the folks I've talked to about it all say the same thing. It is uncomfortable.

My advice is to use the anti sub slot and run a 5 point. It is safer and you already have the means. To be honest I wouldnt give it a second thought in a 914. Your noggin is at stake when/if you don't run anti sub. I know that it is only auto cross but folks who roller skate wear helmets... confused24.gif

The way I look at it is when it comes to safety, don't skimp. Not even a little. Find the safest product you can buy within reason and go with it.

My .02
Thomas
ww914

The schroth harness has a "6" point adapter to it that has anti sub. But some of the folks I've talked to about it all say the same thing. It is uncomfortable.

My advice is to use the anti sub slot and run a 5 point. It is safer and you already have the means. To be honest I wouldnt give it a second thought in a 914. Your noggin is at stake when/if you don't run anti sub. I know that it is only auto cross but folks who roller skate wear helmets... confused24.gif

The way I look at it is when it comes to safety, don't skimp. Not even a little. Find the safest product you can buy within reason and go with it.

My .02
Thomas

Thomas, I think you offered good advice and after talking to the folks at Schroth, I decided to go with their Clubman. It is a low cost 6 point harness. I will take some photos of the install when I get them.
tscrihfield
QUOTE(ww914 @ Feb 12 2013, 09:45 AM) *

My .02
Thomas

Thomas, I think you offered good advice and after talking to the folks at Schroth, I decided to go with their Clubman. It is a low cost 6 point harness. I will take some photos of the install when I get them.

Great deal! That is a good harness. Much better than the makeshift 6pt that they offer. Not to mention that harness will concrete you to the seat. The less you move the better. Look forward to seeing them in!

Thomas
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.