Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: dellorto ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rhodyguy
DRLA45D to be exact. i spoke with a rep @ aircooled.net last week with not so much info provided. are the anti-whistle gaskets used in conjunction with the carb to intake isolators or one or the other?

k
rhodyguy
can somebody explain where the issue is on the carb bottom that the gaskets fix?
Mark Henry
It's been almost 20 years since I worked on dells, but I think it's the same gasket. It's a thick rubber like gasket with a couple of tits that fit into the divots that make them whistle.
r_towle
Getting old...cant remember, but trust me, its annoying.

Contact Art Thraen.

Rich
Mark Henry
It fills those cut outs (divots... what ever you call them) at 2:00 and 10:00 o'clock. But it's also the full base gasket with that bit molded in.
rhodyguy
$34.95 a set for of the anti-whistle. ouch! BIG squeeze of the testes with those.
anderssj
The gaskets isolate the carb from the intake manifold. They are a black rubber-like material, roughly 2mm (or 3/16") thick. Each gasket/spacer has a molded "tooth" that fits into the gap in the base of the carb barrel (circled on the picture). I think I got mine from CB performance years ago (like 30 blink.gif )

Click to view attachment

I don't think I have a loose spacer laying around--they're all on the car--but I'll try to remember to take a picture next time I have them apart.

Hope this helps!

Steve A-
rhodyguy
cb no longer stocks the anti-whistle gaskets. i went thru the gas perc thread and saw the plastic/phenolic spacers but the ones pictured appear to be thicker than the 1/8" description at aircooled.net.

k
rhodyguy
just got off the phone with art. i was told the 45s and the whistle should not be a issue so that's $40 saved. phenolic intakes to carbs are spendy. i don't want to mess around with the hot fuel with the dels when they go on the silver car. i already use the stock fi phenolics. pm'ed a member from the other thread to see if i can find out where bought his. you reading this george?
rhodyguy
pulled the trigger on the LAST set in stock at ACE. includes the 8 'normal' gaskets. when i deduct the not needed anti whistles from the cost it lessens the pain. thanks for the ACE reminder rich. those 'senior moments' are inconvenient.
mrbubblehead
hi rhodyguy, i just replied to your pm. they start at the end of page 8 here http://www.dashman.net/category.html?id=13&pager=8 and continue on page 9. i think mine are 1/2 inches thick. they sure make a big difference on my car.

doug
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.