Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear Swing Arm Bearing(s)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jrrhdmust
So I pulled or pushed rather the outer sleave from the bearings, the part the wheel bolts too, and the drive shaft feeds through. I am sure there is a different name for it, none comes to mind right now. Anyway, when I look into the swing arm it looks like there are two bearings in it?

I am sand blasting the swing arm painting, then I will press out those/that bearing. I was just wondering.

Thanks,
John
JFJ914
QUOTE(jrrhdmust @ Feb 19 2013, 07:33 PM) *

So I pulled or pushed rather the outer sleave from the bearings, the part the wheel bolts too, and the drive shaft feeds through. I am sure there is a different name for it, none comes to mind right now. Anyway, when I look into the swing arm it looks like there are two bearings in it?

I am sand blasting the swing arm painting, then I will press out those/that bearing. I was just wondering.

Thanks,
John

It's a single bearing with 2 races.
jls914
QUOTE(jrrhdmust @ Feb 19 2013, 07:33 PM) *

Thanks,
John

John,

I believe that you are speaking of your rear wheel bearings. It is a single bearing with an inner and outer race. The bearings reside between the races. There are numerous articles on here and on the bird board about changing them. It can be done with the trailing arm removed from the car or with it still in place. I did mine with the arms in place. Good luck.

Jim
jrrhdmust
Thanks for the responses! That makes sense.

I have mine out and are rebuilding them.

Thanks again!
euro911
QUOTE(jrrhdmust @ Feb 19 2013, 04:33 PM) *
So I pulled or pushed rather the outer sleave from the bearings, the part the wheel bolts too, and the drive shaft feeds through. I am sure there is a different name for it, none comes to mind right now. ...

Thanks,
John
They're called 'hubs' shades.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.