Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: transmission mounts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rgolia
Need to replace the originals that are still in service...and suggestions?
ConeDodger
For the street, replace stock with stock. Available at many sources like Pelican, the dealership, etc... Even if you are an autocrosser, the solid mounts available are too annoying to deal with on the street. I think I have a set of solid mounts in my stash that I put on and took back off due to the vibration and noise.
I have not experienced the WEVO mounts so I am not speaking of these...
'73-914kid
I've had pretty good luck with 911 sports on the transmission ears. They bolt right on with the addition of a big washer, and make things a little more stiff than stock, but not all that much. Definetely helps tighten things up at the back of the drivetrain.
LotusJoe
QUOTE('73-914kid @ Feb 20 2013, 09:56 AM) *

I've had pretty good luck with 911 sports on the transmission ears. They bolt right on with the addition of a big washer, and make things a little more stiff than stock, but not all that much. Definetely helps tighten things up at the back of the drivetrain.

agree.gif 911 mounts work just fine.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE('73-914kid @ Feb 20 2013, 12:56 PM) *

agree.gif

did the same a year ago, i had no idea how bad my original ones were.
chads74
Where would you recommend gettting the 911 mounts and maybe a part # for good measure?
scott_in_nh
QUOTE('73-914kid @ Feb 20 2013, 12:56 PM) *

agree.gif

Same here.
'73-914kid
Any of these will do from Pelican Pelican parts
ThePaintedMan
Yeah, having just installed the WEVO mounts T.C. sold me, it is going to introduce a ton of vibration that someone with a daily driver probably won't want.
rgolia
How about these? Would they be closer to the stock ride than the 911 sport ones?

http://www.automotion.com/transmission-mou...-1970-1976.html
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(rgolia @ Feb 20 2013, 05:56 PM) *

How about these? Would they be closer to the stock ride than the 911 sport ones?

http://www.automotion.com/transmission-mou...-1970-1976.html

Did not.know those existed! Cant beat the price, i would try them
Dont know how firm they are. I will tell you that i like the 911 mounts.i have not noticed much vibration.
914Sixer
Those mounts are the ones made by URO. The good Dr 914 has now introduced his version which is a copy of the factory mounts at about the same price.
Drums66
.....My opinion is, for a street ride, 1 wouldn't want the mounts too
rigid(potholes,speed bumps,surprise-dips & so forth) idea.gif
so close to stock as possible! shades.gif bye1.gif popcorn[1].gif
euro911
UROs are Chinese repros, No?

I went with 911 mounts.
Dr Evil
I only use the 911 sport mounts as they are cheaper and BETTER than the stock ones that are weaker and rupture.
mittelmotor
I went the 911 Sport route with my car too. You have to oval out the holes on the mounts a little to match the holes in the crossmember, but no biggie.
rgolia
Thanks for all the input...911 sport mounts it is..... beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.