Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: fog lights or brights
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
last337
Silly question, but where is the switch for the fog lights? I have the pull switch for brights and when I pull it the indicator lights up but I get nothing different from the headlamps. Shouldnt that activate the brights? I dont know how to check for those and cant find anything about it in Haynes.

I have fog lights installed below the headlights as well but dont know where the switch for those would be either. There are currently no lights in the fog lights and they take a huge light that I cant find at FLAPS. Any help is appreciated biggrin.gif
JawjaPorsche
Don't you have a green fog pull switch on your dash next to your headlight switch? Your fog lights only work on headlight dim not bright. Your fog light bulbs could be burned out too.

Pelican sells the bulbs

http://www.pelicanparts.com/cgi-bin/smart/...74%29%2C%20Each
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(last337 @ Feb 25 2013, 01:53 PM) *

Silly question, but where is the switch for the fog lights? I have the pull switch for brights and when I pull it the indicator lights up but I get nothing different from the headlamps.

There is no 'pull switch on the dash' for brights...
There is a single switch for parking lights (first detent) and _headlights_ (second detent).
You switch between highbeams and low beams by pulling back on the turn signal stalk. It is not a push/pull like lots of modern cars. You pull back once to change from highs to lows, pull back again to switch the other way.

The headlight indicator does not light up.

Pretty sure the dash switch you're talking about _is_ the fog light switch.
Fog lights light up only with the low beams.

all this - including the bulb types - is in the owner's manual...
(If you have aftermarket fog lights - you're on your own...)
underdog
what year is your 914?
Wegeng_Haus
If your car was born without fog lights and you added them, you may not have a foglight switch. There is a cut-out for it, on the subframe of the dash and it is easy to locate, from behind. There are cut outs for three switches, left of the column. If you only have two, you need to get a switch, make a hole and install it.
Wegeng_Haus
Sorry, there may actually be four punch-outs, on the dash, left of the column.
last337
Cool I figured it out and its all working now. All I need now is some new bulbs for fog lights. Thanks for help!
914Sixer
Bulbs are special, not on most parts shelfs. Pelican Parts has them for $8.
steuspeed
Upgrade your lights with the Fog Flash kit from JWest. I drive til dusk using just my fog lights. It's so nice not having the pop-ups up. Plus you can flash fellow teeners when you see them coming down the road.

driving.gif

http://www.jwesteng.com/porsche/914/fog.htm
underdog
we answered your question why didn't you answer mine?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.