Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Free electrical resource
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Member Vendors
Dr Evil
Well, I promised a while ago that if I could get ahold of a program for drawing scematics I would make some quick troubleshooting diagrams for us all. I got Visio2000 and it seems to be adequate for this so I will start posting my schematics as I draw them. If no one is interested let me know and I'll just keep this to myself. Just thought that I might help.

First is the circuit that causes much head ach with the D-jet system. "Why is my fuel pump fuse blowing?" Usually it is because the Auxilary Air Valve is shorting to the block at the plug, but here are the other things involved.

This is of the fuse/relay panel in the left engine compartment:

B+ is the positive side of the battery.

The pointy parts at the end of some of the lines are ground. Consider all grounds to be the same place and to be connected to the negative side of the battery through the cars body. Ask questions if you need clarification.
Dr Evil
I am looking for ideas for other trouble circuits to draw bare bones. Any suggestions?
-Next is the outer lights
Carlitos Way
Great idea! Looking forward to seeing more.
Mueller
I like it !!!!

how about the headlight circut ??
Dr Evil
- Head / Running lights
- Turn Signals
- Reverse light circuit
Coming up as soon as I get time. THX
lapuwali
Before you get too far along, I'd like to point everyone to what I consider to be the finest home-brewed wiring diagram available:

Dave Hillman's 912 diagram

Click on the layered PDF link. Wiring colors on the diagram help a lot. Having the layers allows you to only see the part of the system you're interested in. Dave has some info on how he created this diagram on the site. I know he started with the factory b & w wiring diagram and went to town.

Any effort is, of course, appreciated (and perhaps we all need to pitch in on this and add it to the tech pages), but Dave's work is the best I've seen, and is a great target to shoot for.
jim_hoyland
I would like to see the headlight system. I want to have my switch set up so only the orange corner lights ( front and rear) come on first; then the license plate, reds, and headlights come on with full on.

If your diagram can help me make this change, it would be greatly appreciated.

Jim
mskala
Art Zapf also has primo 914-6 diagrams.
Dr Evil
Well, anyone could go buy the book and get that diagram. That is not my intention. My intention is to make diagrams that are the limited systems. Most folks have no interest in looking a a multi colored spyder web to chase wires. That is where this would come in. Thanks for the links though. I will keep adding proposed and actual diagrams, as I get time, to the original list.
Thanks for the ideas, fellas.
jim_hoyland
I like the idea, could you label more for us non-tech types.
Dr Evil
Jim,
I put a little more detailed description in the post attached to the first diagram. Is that what you meant? Glad to help. I am working on the headlight circuit right now, but it is pretty complicated so it is hard to make clearer.
THX
Dr Evil
Here is the first sub circuit of the headlight realy/motor circuit.
The relay pins are as follows:
85 - Headlight Motor auto actuator (up down)
86 - Ground
87a - Ground connected to 86
87 - supply side (opposite side of battery power) of fuse 12
30 - Headlight motor power

Numbers in circles in the blocks are designators from the Haynes manual.

This is a seriously watered down diagram for the novice. It should get you in the right direction. Consult your Haynes manual if this doesn't do it for ya.
Dr Evil
Headlight Lighting Circuit.
Wire colors are as follows:
Fuses 1 and 2 to 56a (left and right lights perspectively) = White
Fuses 3 and 4 to 56b (left and right lights perspectively) = Yellow
Ground for bulbs = Brown
Fuses 1 and 2 to "f" on realy = White
Fuses 3 and 4 to 56a on relay = Yellow
From non designated pin on relay to headlight switch Pin 56= Red/White
From 56 on relay to ignition switch pin "S" = Yellow/Red

Fuses
Fuse 1 = High beam left
Fuse 2 = High beam right
Fuse 3 = Low beam left
Fuse 4 = Low beam right

The numbers in circles are the component designator numbers from the Haynes manual.

*The instraments get their power from fuse 1 on the relay side.
Teknon
Exellent Doctor, Could you posibly make me a schematic for the rear window defroster. Joe
ThinAir
This is great stuff! What I particularly appreciate is the simplicity of it and how closely it resembles the physical stuff that you actually have to handle when you work on the car. Current diagrams drive me crazy, never have figured them out. What I need are things that translate easily to the physical items in the car. Great work!
Dr Evil
Thanks guys!

it resembles the physical stuff that you actually have to handle when you work on the car

Thats what I am trying for, I am glad to see that it is working out.

I'll draw up a rar heater defroster diagram when I get time. I still have a fog light one to draw and post.
Dr Evil
Ask and you shall recieve smile.gif
Here is all I got from the manual:

-Yellow/Red wire goes to defroster switch (hot when on).
-Green wire is the power to the defroster (ground must be on the other side of the defroster
-Pin 14 is straight from the battery. It is always hot. It goes to the 25A fuse.
-Pin 10 is ground

The relay for the defroster is (52) the one that is most forward on the board.

Any questions, just ask.
balthazar
Perfect! I would like to see the turn signal circuit! Also would be great to have the rest of the lighting as well! IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.