Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Triple Gauge
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
rktmn247
QUOTE(John @ May 30 2013, 04:06 PM) *

Everyone should have their kits.

I will have some more shortly. I won't take any payments until they are ready to ship out.

Here is the latest.

Rotated numbers for the pressure and temp gauges.

This one is sold and shipping shortly.

Click to view attachment

Please keep in mind, that this is not a business and I have a life. sorry if I am slow.

That looks great! Thanks for doing these John! smilie_pokal.gif
JmuRiz
Oooo, that new picture is great. I'm glad I'm close to the top of the list when/if you do another batch.
I found out the guy I bought the motor from still has the guage pod that I can use for donor parts smile.gif
lonewolfe
How much did they charge to do that triple gauge for you?

QUOTE(jcb29 @ Apr 19 2013, 07:58 PM) *

Another source - North Hollywood Speedometer
North Hollywood Speedometer
I had them put together one that has numbers for the oil temp and pressure.

r3dplanet
That's rich. I'm not about to take lessons on civility or social acknowledgements from someone who flat out ignored all of my private and e-mail messages after payment was made.

I'm so pleased that "you have a life." It must be a thoroughly rewarding one if it so completely occupies every minute of every day that it was just too engrossing to locate a stamp and stick it on a package.

Yes, the kit arrived. After ten weeks.

It would be civil if you would either amend your post or at least acknowledge that you did get your kit.

I may be slow, but at least I'm not as slow as the GT headlight kit guy.

r_towle
I will take one please.

Rich
rktmn247
icon_bump.gif Update?
JmuRiz
John, let me/us know when you feel like doing another run.
Still very interested.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(r3dplanet @ May 31 2013, 05:23 PM) *

That's rich. I'm not about to take lessons on civility or social acknowledgements from someone who flat out ignored all of my private and e-mail messages after payment was made.

I'm so pleased that "you have a life." It must be a thoroughly rewarding one if it so completely occupies every minute of every day that it was just too engrossing to locate a stamp and stick it on a package.

It would be civil if you would either amend your post or at least acknowledge that you did get your kit.

I may be slow, but at least I'm not as slow as the GT headlight kit guy.

I'd wait 40 weeks for something that looks that good. Patiently... smile.gif
Socalandy
I'd like a kit as well. I've tried 3 different browsers and still cant download the instructions, IE, Chrome and Firefox
michael7810
Installed mine yesterday from a kit. Very happy with the quality and results.

Click to view attachment

I soldered the bulb holders, then reinforced them with JB Weld

Click to view attachment
John
I have more READY TO SHIP, I'll let everyone know. I have several more in process.

I have contacted some of the folks on the last list.
John
QUOTE(rktmn247 @ Jul 13 2013, 10:29 AM) *

icon_bump.gif Update?

Kent,

Yours is ready to ship to you.

John
QUOTE(Socalandy @ Jul 13 2013, 08:39 PM) *

I'd like a kit as well. I've tried 3 different browsers and still cant download the instructions, IE, Chrome and Firefox

PM me your e-mail and I'll send it to you.

rktmn247
QUOTE(John @ Aug 5 2013, 07:13 AM) *

icon_bump.gif Update?

Kent,

Received my new gauge today! Looks great! Thanks John!
racerbvd
QUOTE(rktmn247 @ Aug 26 2013, 09:03 PM) *

QUOTE(John @ Aug 5 2013, 07:13 AM) *

icon_bump.gif Update?

Kent,

Received my new gauge today! Looks great! Thanks John!

That is sweet, I need a pair of them, one for my GT clone & one for my 76.
ConeDodger
John,
Could you show us rotated vs. non-rotated just to clarify? Also, are you doing any restoration to the bezel and glass or just pulling them off and putting them back on?
John
Ask and you shall receive.

Non Rotated Number Gauge:
Click to view attachment

Rotated Number Gauge:
Click to view attachment

The difference in cost is $30

For USA addresses, the costs (including shipping and Paypal Fees)

Kit = $132.00
Assembled with your later model donor gauges = $200.00

Add $30.00 to either for the rotated number gauge faces.

When I remove the ring and glass, I clean the glass (I use the glass from the 911 donor gauge) and if the ring is rusty or cruddy, I respray that to make it look very nice when completed, I have also been applying glycerine to the rubber seals as it brings back some of the flexibility to the rubber.
ConeDodger
Thanks John. One late gauge on the way. Rotated please! biggrin.gif

Shipping will be to McOriginal McCustoms...

I'll send a core along too. I'd like you to harvest the silver button and install it on the late gauge... Keep the rest for parts.
scotty b
John do you want us to go ahead and send you gauges now, or will you let us know when you are ready ?

Also might be good to clarify exactly what gauges you need, for both silver dot and non silver dot
Luke M
I finally got my gauge kit installation done this morning.
Took some time to install the kit (about 6 hours) but it wasn't too bad.
I just had to work slow so not to mess things up.
If I had to do it again I would pay John to do it.
You need two gauges to make one kit work.
A late 914 fuel gauge and a 911 oil temp/press gauge is needed.
I also opted for the rotated #'s plates.
Then just follow John's instructions for the install.
I soldered the bulb holders, then reinforced them with JB Weld also.
Over all I'm very happy with the gauge. Here's a few pics.
racerbvd
Those are SWEET!!!
John
QUOTE(scotty b @ Sep 4 2013, 08:30 AM) *

John do you want us to go ahead and send you gauges now, or will you let us know when you are ready ?

Also might be good to clarify exactly what gauges you need, for both silver dot and non silver dot

Scotty (and anyone else interested),

My kits are set up to use later model 914 gauges. When looking at the backs of gauges, later model gauges will have round black connectors that have three (3) spade connectors and a nut in the middle of the black plug. The black plastic plug has embossed in it (+) corresponding to a +12 volt wire, a (G) corresponding to the wire from the gauge sending unit, and a symbol designating ground that corresponds to a brown ground wire.

Early gauges have individual wire "pass-through" connectors each with a spade lug. (I can not use these types of gauges).

Both the 914 fuel gauge and the 911 combo gauge need the black round plugs in order to be used with my kits.

For a plain black face (no silver center disc), you simply need any donor gauges that fit the above description. For a silver center disc, you need to provide at least one donor gauge with the silver center to be re-used with the kit.

I have shipped out (just today) all of the orders that I had in-house. I still have kits available and can assemble them if that is what you want, but please note, these are a bit time consuming and I am slow, but they do come out nice. My wife is making me increase my assembly fee, but I still don't want these to get too expensive.

Current pricing: (10/15/2013)

Kit (without numbered/rotated face plates) = $131 (including shipping and paypal)
numbered/rotated gauge face plates = $39 (including shipping and paypal)
Kit with numbered/rotated gauge face plates = $162.00 (including shipping and Paypal)

Assembled kit without numbered/rotated gauge face plates (you supply donor gauges) = $220 including shipping and Paypal)
Assembled kit with numbered/rotated gauge face plates (you supply donor gauges) = $251.00 including shipping and Paypal)

Please PM me if you are interested.

Thank you,

John
craig downs
[quote name='r3dplanet' date='May 31 2013, 05:23 PM' post='1872801']

I waited a very long time for mine since he started thinking on doing these. I'm so happy to have mine finally and since nobody else is doing these it was worth the wait to get it. It was fun to put it together although a lot of work (everything had to be modified) but I really enjoyed doing it. Btw the instruction are very detailed and helpful and made it easy to do and the quality of the pieces are 1st class.
Thank you so much John for doing these.
JmuRiz
I'll be in touch again when I get my car/donor gauge back from Scotty's
Harpo
Patience is indeed a virtue. My patience was tried and tested but in the end perfection can't be rushed. Behold my new triple gauge

Thanks again

Click to view attachment
eyesright
PM sent for two assembled rotated gauges, but I included the old, wrong price. Understamd $251 each with late gauge donor.

Will send a corrected PM

Thanks

TS
John,

I just received mine back today and will be sending gage back for corrections and conversion 'with ' original parts sent from me
... pm you on a few concerns.

Thanks
John,

Please refer to pictures via our emails to understand the format of utilizing " my " gages format ( euro type) vs what I received - USA format which does not represent euro scale. Thanks
John
Folks,

Thanks for the feedback.

Just so that everyone is crystal clear on this:

The ONLY rotated numerical gauge inserts (TEMP and PRESS) that I offer are:

0-5 - for Pressure
120-300 - for Temperature

There exist some 911 gauges that read 30-170 (in centigrade) that I don't have materials to offer rotated. There also exist 0-10 BAR as well as 0-140 for pressure and I do not have materials for those either. If you ask me to provide rotated number plates, I provide what I have to offer.

I use the best glass from the best gauges that are provided to me. The glass is cleaned and installed in the gauge that is sent back to you. Each set of donor gauges is kept separate from other orders so that the instruments sent to me are the ones you receive back. I don't have a pile of gauges sitting around here (nor do I want one).

I try to do the best I can with what I am provided.

I really need to get this thread moved to the member/vendor section sometime...

John
John,

Please allow me to clearify so others will not be in my situation.
I sent you the first euro gage and then a corrected - late 914 gas gage as the first one did not have the 'round' plug.
My understanding was that one would simply 'take' existing 911 temp / pressure gage, and attach a 914 gas gage 'to' your three gage face plate...see Luke M posting for example.
I asked if you can label pressure with druck ( german for pressure ) too.
You responded - yes.
What I received back after your install was a USA gage with druck for pressure....I'm looking for the original 'euro' format. Not to mention, the black bezel is pitted and repainted - as mine was perfect.
Please review your emails for clearification and pictures of what I sent you.
If I wanted a USA gage - ya your would is great. Please help.

Thanks
John
QUOTE(396 @ Oct 17 2013, 06:01 PM) *

John,

I sent you the first euro gage and then a corrected - late 914 gas gage as the first one did not have the 'round' plug.
My understanding was that one would simply 'take' existing 911 temp / pressure gage, and attach a 914 gas gage 'to' your three gage face plate...see Luke M posting for example.
You responded - yes.
What I received back after your install was a USA gage with druck for pressure....I'm looking for the original 'euro' format. Not to mention, the black bezel is pitted and repainted - as mine was perfect.

Thanks

I believe that we have this resolved via PM's and that you will be sending me back your gauge and I will install your original 0-10 BAR and 30-170 DEG C non-rotated face plates and send back to you as we discussed in our PM exchanges.

John
QUOTE(John @ Oct 17 2013, 07:59 PM) *

QUOTE(396 @ Oct 17 2013, 06:01 PM) *

John,

You responded - yes.

Thanks

I believe that we have this resolved via PM's and that you will be sending me back your gauge and I will install your original 0-10 BAR and 30-170 DEG C non-rotated face plates and send back to you as we discussed in our PM exchanges.

John

John, thanks for correcting it for me piratenanner.gif We are on the same page.
John
There seems to be some confusion about these kits that should be cleared up if the instructions were available.

I attempted to post a copy of the instructions way back on page 1, but I will try again here. If you are interested in either a kit or to have me assemble a kit for you, please read the instructions to see what is required and what is involved. If you can't download the PDF instructions, I can E-mail them to you.

Click to view attachment

The kits require 2 donor gauges.

Gauge 1; 914 Fuel Gauge (with a round black plastic connector 1973?-on)
Click to view attachment

Gauge 2; 911 Oil Pressure / Temperature (with round black plastic connectors 1973?-on)
Click to view attachment

I apologize for any confusion, but I am trying to get any confusion cleared up.

Thank you for your interest.
John,

Thanks pictures are worth a mil. Regarding my gage, I sent it back yesterday. Expect to see it on Monday / Tuesday.
John
QUOTE(396 @ Oct 19 2013, 05:23 AM) *

John,

Thanks pictures are worth a mil. Regarding my gage, I sent it back yesterday. Expect to see it on Monday / Tuesday.

Click to view attachment

Here it is. It will ship out on Saturday.
QUOTE(John @ Oct 24 2013, 10:31 PM) *

QUOTE(396 @ Oct 19 2013, 05:23 AM) *

John,

Click to view attachment

Here it is. It will ship out on Saturday.

Looks pretty! Thank you!
Steve
Love my new Triple Gauge. Thanks John!!

Sorry about the crappy iPhone picture. In reality it looks amazing.
Click to view attachment
JmuRiz
Awesome, I need to get of my lazy butt and get the parts I need from my friend and send out for building...no excuses now that I have my car back (well no valid ones biggrin.gif)
JmuRiz
Question, how many illumination bulbs are needed, I may buy some LED bulbs for when I actually send in to get my triple made?

Heck, I'm not even sure how many illumination bulbs are needed for the speedo and tach.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.