Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Triple Gauge
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Series9
Who is making the triple oil/oil/fuel gauge?

beerchug.gif
DBCooper
It was Mark (Marks914), then he moved it over to www.newvintageusa.com. I think I heard that they're not doing them any more, or maybe they could but only as a special order. There was a thread in the Vendors section.
michael7810
Palo Alto speedo and North Hollwood speedo were doing them also.
JmuRiz
Yeah, what he said....but they are $$ compared to what Mark used to offer the 4-gauge for. I REALLY should have bought one when he was selling sad.gif

Maybe someone can convince him to do another run of the quads....
Mark Henry
I wish someone would just print a custom face or some kind of UV proof decal kit...I could do the rest.
r3dplanet
This comes up regularly now. Many of us would love a triple or quad gauge. Who among us has the necessary manufacturing access and skills? Whoever it is, I am jealous of that person.
Cairo94507
I know I will be needing some gauge work for my Six. I want to add the fuel gauge into the tach (like a turbo boost gauge) and then have a triple gauge for oil pressure, oil temperature and voltage.

I like the quad gauge but it looks a little crowded for my taste thus the fuel gauge going into the tachometer.
andys
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Mar 7 2013, 04:21 PM) *

I like the quad gauge but it looks a little crowded for my taste thus the fuel gauge going into the tachometer.

I have one of Mark's quad gauge setups in my V8 conversion car (works great, BTW). The down side is that the oil pressure part of the guage (which is at 9 o'clock) partially is obscured by the steering wheel.

Andys
John
I have only a few kits left. I made the mistake of posting on Pelican and sold/built several recently. Let me know if you want one. I'm running out of kits and when they are gone, they are gone. MarkS is the one who worked with me to get the lettering worked out once and for all. Then he kept using my artwork. I really didn't care as he wasn't using VDO parts in his and they just didn't look right to me.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
John
These are/were kits that you assemble (or pay me to assemble if you provide the donor gauges).

Here are the instructions:

Click to view attachment

Do PDFs' not work correctly as attachments? Anyone get the PDF to display? I can't see it to make sure it worked. confused24.gif
JmuRiz
I can see it, and my 'home computer' is a phone.
I may have to get in touch with you soon about one...don't really care about a voltmeter anyway.
r3dplanet
I've never been able to download .pdf files from 914world.com. It's not scientific, but over time I've seen many others complain that they cannot download / read them either.

For example, I can't download your instructional .pdf file using any browser on any of my computers.

Sad.

QUOTE(John @ Mar 7 2013, 07:03 PM) *

These are/were kits that you assemble (or pay me to assemble if you provide the donor gauges).

Click to view attachment

Do PDFs' not work correctly as attachments? Anyone get the PDF to display? I can't see it to make sure it worked. confused24.gif

r3dplanet
PM sent...

QUOTE(John @ Mar 7 2013, 06:44 PM) *

I have only a few kits left. I made the mistake of posting on Pelican and sold/built several recently. Let me know if you want one. I'm running out of kits and when they are gone, they are gone. MarkS is the one who worked with me to get the lettering worked out once and for all. Then he kept using my artwork. I really didn't care as he wasn't using VDO parts in his and they just didn't look right to me.

Jeffs9146
QUOTE(r3dplanet @ Mar 7 2013, 08:28 PM) *

I've never been able to download .pdf files from 914world.com. It's not scientific, but over time I've seen many others complain that they cannot download / read them either.

For example, I can't download your instructional .pdf file using any browser on any of my computers.

Sad.

QUOTE(John @ Mar 7 2013, 07:03 PM) *

Click to view attachment

I copy and paste the PDF photos into word before I post just because of that!
Luke M
QUOTE(John @ Mar 7 2013, 07:44 PM) *

Hi John,

Could you pm me what it would cost to build a gauge like yours but using #'s for the temp/oil press. (like the 69-73 style gauge). Also the parts that I would need to supply you. It would be going into my 70 914-6 with a 2.7 RS..

Thanks,

Luke
John
Guys, I've been flooded with PM's and I need to check to see what EXACTLY I have left.

The latest order I have is to a gentleman in Luxembourg for (2) assembled kits. He supplied the donor 914 fuel gauges and the 911 Temp/Press gauges.

The kits are $120.00 each and assembly of donor gauges is $60.00 each kit.

So, to answer many questions, a completed triple gauge from me would cost $180.00 plus shipping back to you if you provide me with plug-in style 914 fuel gauge and plug-in style 911 Oil Temp/Press gauge.

Remember, the quality of the completed unit depends on the quality of the donor gauges.

I do not provide numbered Oil Temp face plates and I do not provide oil Press face plates for the 911 gauges. I personally don't feel they add anything except clutter to the finished gauges. The VDO gauges are ok at giving relative temps or pressure, but they are not 100% accurate.

I will be checking in the morning exactly how many more kits I can offer for sale, but I really feel that I need to give Joe, (the original poster of this thread) the first right of refusal. I have dealt with him in the past and I feel that I owe it to Joe to give him that right.

Thanks for your interest,

John
Harpo
Please add me to the list for a kit and I would like you to assemble it for me.

Thanks

David
racerbvd
Sweet!!! I need to think about one of these for my GT Clone..
Luke M
John,

If you haven't already, add me to your list also.
I have some of the parts/gauges needed to complete this.
I'm waiting to get in the 911 donor gauge.
I'll wait to hear back from you on how many kits that you have available.
Keep us posted.

Thanks,

Luke
sixnotfour
Me also on the list thanks
Pm sent...count me in for one.
Thanks
Steve
I will take a kit if they are still available.
John
I only have parts available to offer (5) kits.

So far, I have received PM's from:

1. Cairo94507 (confirmed) (cancelled 3/14-2013)
2. rcktmn247 (confirmed)
3. clapeza (confirmed) (paid)
4. michael7810 (confirmed) (paid)
5. r3dplanet (confirmed) (paid)
6. Steve <--- Next in line (contacted)
7. dereknle
8. JmuRiz
9. dfrank
10. Justin Fischer
xx. Craig Downs (it appears as if I owe him one from way back and not included in the (5) available kits. He will be receiving his when I get his address)
11. 0396
12. Harpo
13. Luke M
14. sixnotfour
15. 02loftsmoor
16. jbachert

That is (11) eleven parties that showed interest. This is the order that people inquired, but with only (5) available, I have to narrow down the list.

The original poster, Joe O'Brien has not responded with any interest, so here is the deal, I will offer the remaining (5) kits for sale in order that they sent me PM's.

The price is $120 plus shipping per kit. If you send me donor gauges and want me to assemble the kit, I will return a completed gauge for $180 plus shipping.

If you are still interested, please PM me by noon Central time on Monday 3/11/2013 to make the list for the last (5) kits. I have not investigated making more of these kits, but if enough interest is there, I can see if another run is feasible and what the costs will be which will set pricing on any future kits that I may happen to be made.

EDIT: Even more names added to the list.....
Harpo
I did not realize that you had to PM you John. I responded to this post on March 9th not that it will make any difference. Please add me to the list
John
QUOTE(Harpo @ Mar 9 2013, 10:51 AM) *

I did not realize that you had to PM you John. I responded to this post on March 9th not that it will make any difference. Please add me to the list

My apologies, but I have more people interested, than kits, and this isn't my thread. It looks like I hijacked it. My apologies to the Admin.

Luke M

I'm not on the list but want to be. Maybe you missed my earlier post on here. I sent you a pm to be added on the list.

Luke
02loftsmoor
I put a PM for a tiple gauge kit
John
All of the first 5 responders have confirmed that they want the kits, so I'm sorry to say that they are all spoken for at this point. However, if the rest of you will kindly confirm that you do want kits or assembled gauges by sending me a PM, I am considering making another run of these kits. I need to put pricing together and I will need some time. I'm guessing I can get pricing and lead time together in a few days. At that time, I will make an attempt to estimate a lead time to complete the new run of kits. Hopefully, I will be able to hold pricing where it is at or only slightly higher.

Please stay tuned.
JmuRiz
Cool deal, thanks for the updates...I'm in if you make another run of them (but you already knew that:) )
Luke M
John,

What would the kits include ?
I'm trying to figure out if I can do this or just pay you to take care of it.
Is there a core gauge/parts that you would need and if so which ones?
I'm in for 2 gauges for sure, so keep me on the list.
scotty b
John, add me to the list of wants if you do another run.

Also, would you still do the silver dot if we provide the necessary parts ?

JmuRiz
Good point, I was wondering how some have the dot and others don't...
maf914
John,

I am in if you do a new run of kits. I was not on your earlier list. Thanks.
John
A second run is underway. Please let me know if you want a kit........... Those first in line will be notified when the next run is in stock.

$125 per kit + shipping...

Steve
Paypal sent last Friday for kit.
Thanks John!!!
jbachert
QUOTE(John @ Mar 18 2013, 09:51 PM) *

A second run is underway. Please let me know if you want a kit........... Those first in line will be notified when the next run is in stock.

$125 per kit + shipping...

Great news! Hope I make it in on this run!
scotty b
want smile.gif
Valy
+1
nilknarf
Sorry I didn't do a better job of introducing myself to the forum with my first post, but a friend of mine pointed me here for the three-way gauge kit so I won't have to butcher the dash of my 3-gauge 912!

I don't have a 914 yet, but my interest was piqued by a ride in a hot 2.7 on an autocross course- what a rush!

email on the way!

Curt
'66 912 hot-rod project
SLITS
I will take one. Will send a PM
clapeza
Anyone from the original 5 remaining kits got theirs yet?

I was in the original group, got confirmation from John that I made the time cut-off, sent payment, got confirmation from him that he got the payment, and he said he was sending the gauge kit out later in the week.

I haven't received anything. I've sent him multiple PMs, with no response. His member listing says he hasn't been active in about 10 days.

I'm not trying to suggest he ripped me off. He's been a member here for a long time, and has a good reputation, and I believe he has a quality product. Has anyone had contact with him? I understand life happens, but I'd like to know if I'm going to get my kit sooner or later...

Chester

(of course, posting this usually means mine will show up tomorrow!)
r3dplanet
Two weeks ago I sent him a PM asking what was up, and he told me he would ship that or the next day. It never showed up.

I'm a touch vexed. It's been five weeks now. I know better than most how life gets in the way, but if it were me I would find some help to make good on my promises.

QUOTE(clapeza @ Apr 14 2013, 07:23 PM) *

Anyone from the original 5 remaining kits got theirs yet?

I was in the original group, got confirmation from John that I made the time cut-off, sent payment, got confirmation from him that he got the payment, and he said he was sending the gauge kit out later in the week.

I haven't received anything. I've sent him multiple PMs, with no response. His member listing says he hasn't been active in about 10 days.

I'm not trying to suggest he ripped me off. He's been a member here for a long time, and has a good reputation, and I believe he has a quality product. Has anyone had contact with him? I understand life happens, but I'd like to know if I'm going to get my kit sooner or later...

Chester

(of course, posting this usually means mine will show up tomorrow!)

michael7810
Same here. I sent multiple emails and PMs and he hasn't responded.
Steve
I got mine a week ago. He is really busy and communication was spotty at times.
He responded quick by email and phone. He will not be contacted if you post here.
r3dplanet
Still nothing. Two more messages ignored. And his profile shows that he's been here recently and has therefore read and ignored my messages.

That's $125.80 down the the damn tubes.

I also found out when I went to initiate a resolution with PayPal that if you send money as a personal gift, you're not allowed to resolved anything with them.

This teaches me that all transactions I make via PayPal to sellers or vendors here get paid for goods, regardless of their desire. I think others should be aware of this since so often sellers here want you to pay them as a gift so they don't pick up the charges. Well, now I know the downside to that.

Just a touch pissed.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(r3dplanet @ Apr 19 2013, 06:01 PM) *

Still nothing. Two more messages ignored. And his profile shows that he's been here recently and has therefore read and ignored my messages.

I also found out when I went to initiate a resolution with PayPal that if you send money as a personal gift, you're not allowed to resolved anything with them.

This teaches me that all transactions I make via PayPal to sellers or vendors here get paid for goods, regardless of their desire. I think others should be aware of this since so often sellers here want you to pay them as a gift so they don't pick up the charges. Well, now I know the downside to that.

Just a touch pissed.

You're probably fine. He's been a member since 04 and has over 3000 posts. He probably figures he will wait for it to arrive if he's sent it already...
jcb29
Another source - North Hollywood Speedometer
North Hollywood Speedometer
I had them put together one that has numbers for the oil temp and pressure.
clapeza
I got a message from him a couple days ago. He said he did some refinishing on the kits, and that he would be sending them out shortly. I still haven't gotten mine yet, though. I think we're going to be ok.

QUOTE(r3dplanet @ Apr 19 2013, 10:01 PM) *

Just a touch pissed.

John
Everyone should have their kits.

I will have some more shortly. I won't take any payments until they are ready to ship out.

Here is the latest.

Rotated numbers for the pressure and temp gauges.

This one is sold and shipping shortly.

Click to view attachment

Please keep in mind, that this is not a business and I have a life. sorry if I am slow.
John
QUOTE(r3dplanet @ Apr 19 2013, 06:01 PM) *

Just a touch pissed.

It would be civil if you would either amend your post or at least acknowledge that you did get your kit.

I may be slow, but at least I'm not as slow as the GT headlight kit guy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.