Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Machinists and Fabricators
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
McMark
I need a sleeve that's 41mm OD and 40mm ID. Can this be made? What process? Anyone have a lead on someone to do it? I only need 1 right now, but could order a bunch if the prototype works out.
billh1963
QUOTE(McMark @ Mar 13 2013, 04:09 PM) *

I need a sleeve that's 41mm OD and 40mm ID. Can this be made? What process? Anyone have a lead on someone to do it? I only need 1 right now, but could order a bunch if the prototype works out.

What material?
OU8AVW
What's it made of? Other dimensions?
Need more info.
McMark
20mm tall.

I don't really care what it's made out of. Once it's installed it doesn't move or take much load.
andys
What are the tolerances? That's a pretty thin wall, but certaily doable. Let me check what stock I have on the shelf.
41x40x20, right?
Andy1
McMark
Hmmm, OD may be 40.75. That's pretty thin.
McMark
Ahh, figured it out. Happened to have some thin sheet metal around the shop and just made a 'shim'. Worked perfectly.
Gint
Speaking of shims... This evening I made some shims out of the plastic clam shell packaging that the phone car charger I bought came in. .007" thick, worked great. Finally found a use for that packaging crap!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.