Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: COTM - Car of the Month CONTEST IS OVER
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
bandjoey
Hay Eric. It's a close race. Just as promised when we talked on the phone. I'll ge my vote in as soon as the new calipers get here. happy11.gif
Eric_Shea
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Mar 21 2013, 12:08 PM) *

Hay Eric. It's a close race. Just as promised when we talked on the phone. I'll ge my vote in as soon as the new calipers get here. happy11.gif

Lil Erc is just torquing the fasteners.
badm
I placed my vote for the 914 with my old tow hook! You know who you are. Badm.

Still need to get us and the cars together at some point.
warpig
I had to vote for Eric's ride. drooley.gif KMA.gif That is how I want my teener to end up when I get done "fixing" it. ar15.gif sawzall-smiley.gif smash.gif welder.gif Only mine will be blue, and cooler,,,,and faster,,,,,,,,,and prettier,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and mine. driving.gif
ChrisFoley
Photoshop seem to be popular around here so these are a few that I've received from my track photographer.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
horizontally-opposed
Have to say I really like Chris' car without the headlight covers. I can't put my finger on it, but I always liked the way 914s look without their headlight covers—to the point I left mine off during reassembly for a long time.

The problem, of course, you can't run without them. Until I saw your car. Very cool.

pete
ChrisFoley
You can't do this on a car with headlights but I actually used my aluminum headlight covers with integral eyebrows in a revised location.
Seen here during an oil cooler ductwork construction phase.
Click to view attachment
ChrisFoley
A little more artistic view.
Click to view attachment

Here's a look at the "office"
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Hard at work:
Click to view attachment
sixnotfour
icon_bump.gif popcorn[1].gif
carr914
One Day to Go!

Erc has a Big Lead, but you never know..

Also if anyone is Interested in taking over the COTM duties, let me know, as this will be my last one. I'll coach/walk you through how to do it.
carr914
The Contest is Over! Eric is the Winner with 42.29% of the Votes

Congrats Erc, you made the Sandbox Proud.

Click to view attachment
Dr Evil
Who was the runner up? I would be able to tell if I voted, which I didnt, and if I vote now you have threatened to ban me confused24.gif
Scott S
As my Grandmother says, "oh for goodness sake..."

laugh.gif

MDG
Eric has exactly 1.875mm of expansion space left before his already outsized head explodes.

EVERYBODY DUCK!

Congrats, Eric! Well deserved. Car is superb. beerchug.gif smilie_pokal.gif
ChrisFoley
Congratulations Eric!
A well deserved victory.
carr914
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Mar 28 2013, 11:09 AM) *

Who was the runner up? I would be able to tell if I voted, which I didnt, and if I vote now you have threatened to ban me confused24.gif

Racer Chris was a Solid 2nd
brant
now that this is over....

I really liked the idea earlier of having a seperate catagory for race cars and show cars.......

maybe they alternate or different catagories on different months?
BKLA
QUOTE(brant @ Mar 28 2013, 09:22 AM) *

I really liked the idea earlier of having a seperate catagory for race cars and show cars.......

agree.gif
carr914
Does that mean one of you guys will be stepping up to take over the COTM?
SLITS
I would vote again just to get banned TC, but it won't let me as I already have voted. evilgrin.gif
tod914
beer.gif Congrads Eric!
Eric_Shea
Busy day trying to get ready for the end of the month...

Thank you 914World. I've said it before, I doubt if any or many could ever do a project like this without 914World or the people here.

COTM really is an honor and and a privilege. Congrats to everyone who was nominated. It was a diverse field with a bunch of really cool 914's.

We'll be bring the car to Hershey and hope to see as many "Right" coasters as possible in a couple of weeks. Then it's off to Traverse City in June. I've entered the car in the "Modified - Touring" class so, come on out and cheer us on and yes... The car will be driven after that. No, really... Driven as in, I'm a tour guide again for a couple (or more) tours at Parade this year. You'll see a little yellow 914 romping around the Northern Michigan countryside with a bunch of Porsche's in tow.

Thanks again everyone. Hope to see you soon.
carr914
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Mar 29 2013, 12:48 AM) *

You'll see a little yellow 914 romping around the Northern Michigan countryside with a bunch of Porsche's in tow.

Unicorn High School ReUnion? confused24.gif
rnellums
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Mar 29 2013, 12:48 AM) *

Busy day trying to get ready for the end of the month...

Thank you 914World. I've said it before, I doubt if any or many could every do a project like this without 914World or the people here.

COTM really is an honor and and a privilege. Congrats to everyone who was nominated. It was a diverse field with a bunch of really cool 914's.

We'll be bring the car to Hershey and hope to see as many "Right" coasters as possible in a couple of weeks. Then it's off to Traverse City in June. I've entered the car in the "Modified - Touring" class so, come on out and cheer us on and yes... The car will be driven after that. No, really... Driven as in, I'm a tour guide again for a couple (or more) tours at Parade this year. You'll see a little yellow 914 romping around the Northern Michigan countryside with a bunch of Porsche's in tow.

Thanks again everyone. Hope to see you soon.

Hey Eric, Congratulations on COTM!

I tried to get into a couple of those tours in Traverse City and they were all full. Any chance I can unofficially tag along??? biggrin.gif

-Ross
Eric_Shea
Hey Ross,

Keep checking back because, they will add tours as they fill up. Also, get your name on a list as some will drop out and you can get on board that way.

If that doesn't work, we can put our own 914 tour together and hit some similar sights. Bliz can help guide us to some awesome sights up there as well.
TJB/914
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Mar 29 2013, 10:44 AM) *

Hey Ross,

Keep checking back because, they will add tours as they fill up. Also, get your name on a list as some will drop out and you can get on board that way.

If that doesn't work, we can put our own 914 tour together and hit some similar sights. Bliz can help guide us to some awesome sights up there as well.

flag.gif
I know the way to the "Winery" driving.gif and the new "Brewery" in Petoskey w00t.gif
Tom
ConeDodger
Congratulations E,
I knew when I saw this thing up on jack stands dressed all in yellow that it would be exceptional when it was finished. I was not wrong! cheer.gif
scotty b
QUOTE(TJB/914 @ Mar 29 2013, 06:53 AM) *

QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Mar 29 2013, 10:44 AM) *

Hey Ross,

flag.gif
I know the way to the "Winery" driving.gif and the new "Brewery" in Petoskey w00t.gif
Tom

Whineries are right up Erics alley thumb3d.gif
Elliot Cannon

I think there should be a seperate catagory for black cars with removable fiberglass fenders. How about a seperate catagory for cars that have cute names? Or how about seperating the year models? Best '71. Best '72 etc. Most definately different catagories for sixes and fours. Original sixes and converted sixes. january, best white car. February, best green car etc. etc. happy11.gif poke.gif
1970 Neun vierzehn
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Mar 29 2013, 04:36 PM) *

I think there should be a seperate catagory for black cars with removable fiberglass fenders. How about a seperate catagory for cars that have cute names? Or how about seperating the year models? Best '71. Best '72 etc. Most definately different catagories for sixes and fours. Original sixes and converted sixes. january, best white car. February, best green car etc. etc. happy11.gif poke.gif

Very good points. I believe that a 914/6 GT, whether an original, a "tribute" or "clone", or a reasonable facsimile will have a "wow" factor advantage over both a stock /6 or a stock /4.

How about the voting for the COTM be confined to nominations each month comprised of only GT-look cars, or stock, or nearly stock /6s, or stock, or nearly stock /4s, or cars that could be catagorized as "resto-mods" (customs, engine transplants, i.e. Subies, etc., race cars)?

Keeping the 914 COTM voting limited to similar cars seems to be a more fair way of selecting a worthwhile and deserving nominee.
Paul
FourBlades

You know, I am starting to think Eric might be kinda cool.

biggrin.gif

John
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.