carr914
#5 RNellums

Click to view attachment
carr914
Come On Guys - Talk up the Cars, Add some pictures

ww914
QUOTE(carr914 @ Mar 19 2013, 06:10 AM) *

Come On Guys - Talk up the Cars, Add some pictures

agree.gif Can the owners provide photos or is that against the rules?
ChrisFoley
Click to view attachment
rnellums
Calypso is a 1974 2.0L with just about 68k miles. The factory color is a 98 paint code "Ice Green Metallic" - a special order metallic 911 color from 74'. The car is entirely stock, with perhaps the exception of the seat inserts. It gets exercised vigorously whenever it is warm enough here. driving.gif These photos are from the Cincy VW-Porsche reunion earlier this year.

tadink
that eric shea photo is just so pretty! sky, trees, car - perfect!
ChrisFoley
This one's a little more recent, with some updates to the bodywork and graphics.
Click to view attachment
Pat Garvey
I would have voted for Tod's car, but it's gone. I've given Eric and Bliz so much grief about the rear fods they both have on gorgeous cars that I felt compelled to make my vote for Eric (Bliz's car wasn't a choice).
OK Eric, rub my nose in it!
Pat
pete000
This is a hard one, they are all worthy !

Eric_Shea
Carbs getting some TLC this week:

IPB Image

Hangin in SoCal with my other yellow buddy:
IPB Image

Interior shots:
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Filler:
IPB Image

Pat's rear fog light:
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Rear Trunk:
IPB Image

Had enough? biggrin.gif

Car is a 1974 tub with as many GT parts as I could collect over the years. The idea was to create a touring version of the factory GT so you'll see odd things like a complete fresh air and heater system, wipers (intermittent) and headlight motors. The idea was to put the Mrs. in the car and have a nice long weekend in Jackson Hole or Vegas.

Engine is a twin plug 2.5 build on a sand cast factory no number case. 10.5:1 with smaller 38mm parts for street and torque.

Koni's up front on raised spindles with our Versuch 908 calipers. Rare 18mm factory 930 through body sway bar handles the sway.

GT Koni's in the rear on 150lb springs. Factory GT rear calipers and our modified arms.

Factory metal flares and glass hoods and bumpers.

Thanks to everyone here who helped make this happen. This car truly could not have been built without 914World.
ChrisFoley
Here's an old one of me with a couple of young fans right after the Lime Rock season finale in 2000.
Click to view attachment

This one was taken after qualifying for the same event in 2010.
Click to view attachment
ChrisFoley
Here are a few from the 2003 Lime Rock National in which I took the class win, against former National Champion Harold Flescher - among a pretty tough field of F Production cars.
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

And the in-car from that race:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77oRaG_PoSg
Erben914
Can we see the rest of the car? We can't vote for Miss America by checking out her ankle! sunglasses.gif
More pics please!
QUOTE(carr914 @ Mar 18 2013, 05:04 PM) *

tod914
Here's the recent link and photos if you have some time to kill.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31670066@N03/...2919646881/show

Here's a couple from the photo set.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

VaccaRabite
Eric's car is beautiful. If he wins, he deserves it.

But I'm voting for the ridden hard crashed twice rebuilt stronger better faster race car.

Zach
Eric_Shea
pray.gif That friggin thing is AWESOME Tod.
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Mar 19 2013, 10:01 PM) *

pray.gif That friggin thing is AWESOME Tod.

first.gif agree.gif first.gif
bugsy0
first.gif Racer Chris Foley smash.gif driving.gif
speed metal army
mad.gif bs.gif
Way to reinstate the last COTM nominees.
Sour Grapes! biggrin.gif bs.gif
Rleog
Rainmeister!

Great video
KELTY360
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Mar 19 2013, 05:39 PM) *

Here are a few from the 2003 Lime Rock National in which I took the class win, against former National Champion Harold Flescher - among a pretty tough field of F Production cars.
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

And the in-car from that race:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77oRaG_PoSg

WOW! What a move on lap 21...in traffic, in the rain. The race video is must see. Made me glad I'd already voted for the Tangerine Racer. This car is the the epitome of the 914...a down and dirty, nitty gritty four banger with the heart of a lion.

All these cars are worthy, some just more worthy than others.
ww914
Man, what a tough choice. All these cars are worthy.
ChrisFoley
SCCA regulations are very restrictive in some ways. For instance, I'm limited to 40mm carbs to supply an engine capable of 180+ HP, and certain mods aren't allowed. However, getting them to breathe is only a matter of being creative and spending lots of time making tiny improvements.

These pics show some of the mods I thought up to increase the Weber 40IDF flow capability.
Stock secondary venturi on the left. My ultimate mod on the right.
Click to view attachment

I found some tiny airfoil tubing at the hobby shop. It took some work to fit it to my setup though.
Click to view attachment
Keeping the venturi in place is a bit more challenging now.
The long bolt holds it upright and against the fuel inlet on the other side.
I turned off the threads so the airfoil tubing will fit onto the bolt.
Click to view attachment

Every surface/obstruction in the throat has been altered/filed/smoothed to increase flow.
The throttle plates have the edges re-worked to prevent turbulence.
Even the exposed pump jet tip has been file down.
Click to view attachment
Eric_Shea
IPB Image
Socalandy
A true time machine german01.gif
ChrisFoley
Passing 2 cars on the front straight at Lime Rock.
Click to view attachment

Taking the checkered flag.
Click to view attachment

Heading out for a victory lap with one of my crew onboard.
Click to view attachment
SLITS
Be happy that you have won innumerable plastic flags on a stick and maybe a bad dinner & trophy at the end of the year (SCCA).

All Erc has is fags flags that he bought & photoslop. I've never seen it off the trailer. poke.gif
Eric_Shea
I've never seen it off the trailer.

You lie. tongue.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Mar 20 2013, 02:26 PM) *

You lie. tongue.gif

I've never seen it off jackstands piratenanner.gif
Eric_Shea
I just reset your discount level on the computer here... dry.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Mar 20 2013, 03:26 PM) *

You lie. tongue.gif

You're correct ... it was inside the tent at the Phoenix Club ... you pushed it in there and I admit, it was off the trailer.
carr914
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Mar 20 2013, 07:05 PM) *

I just reset your discount level on the computer here... dry.gif

You offer Discounts? headbang.gif
Eric_Shea
you pushed it in there

You lie again. tongue.gif
balljoint
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Mar 20 2013, 09:12 PM) *

you pushed it in there

You lie again. tongue.gif

I don't think you really wanted to edit that quote Eric.

unsure.gif
tod914
Hey Eric care to explain why there are 87 new registered users with the same vin as yours? The frog was an exercise in Obsessive Compulsive Cleaning Disorder. Thanks for the compliments. Compared to what some of you guys do, that was an easy project. All the cars shown here are winners in their own right. Of the group of us, there's no doubt in my mind, Chris is having the most fun with his teener.
ww914
QUOTE(tod914 @ Mar 20 2013, 07:07 PM) *

Hey Eric care to explain why there are 87 new registered users with the same vin as yours? The frog was an exercise in Obsessive Compulsive Cleaning Disorder. Thanks for the compliments. Compared to what some of you guys do, that was an easy project. All the cars shown here are winners in their own right. Of the group of us, there's no doubt in my mind, Chris is having the most fun with his teener.

Ahh yep!!
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Mar 20 2013, 04:05 PM) *

dry.gif

FINISH THE CAR. whip[1].gif
bulitt
QUOTE(tod914 @ Mar 20 2013, 10:07 PM) *

That would be unethical. As an admin if someone gets close to beating him, all he has to do is end the poll... lol-2.gif
Eric_Shea
I can change the numbers too... How do you think I got this far? confused24.gif
tod914
lol fantastic job on you GT wink.gif and well deserved. How long did your restoration take, start to finish?
Eric_Shea
Thanks Tod. A humbling compliment coming from someone who did what you've done with that car. Ravenna is one of, if not, my all time favorite colors. wub.gif

Time; it really depends on how you look at it. I believe I got the tub in 04 and spend about 6-7 years piddling around, collecting parts, changing my mind etc.

The last two years were the real "build" years. Body, paint, engine, electrical. All I can add with any restoration project is "Just Do It". The time I spent worrying about the front trunk and the engine and tranny install was usually 10-20x longer than the time it actually took to do it.
Eric_Shea
FINISH THE CAR.

It's done... if'n you woulda got off yur butt and made it to the SoCal shows I would have given you a ride. tongue.gif
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Mar 21 2013, 07:49 AM) *

FINISH THE CAR.

It's done... if'n you woulda got off yur butt and made it to the SoCal shows I would have given you a ride. tongue.gif

Oh yeah, the world outside...remind me about that again. biggrin.gif

Car looks GREAT! smilie_pokal.gif

Have to say there are a bunch of cool cars this month. Love the OG 2.0, and have to say Chris' car is one of those really, really good-looking race 914s...

pete
rjames
Hard to choose a favorite from the list, but that ice green metallic paint job is soooo sweet! drooley.gif aktion035.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.