Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Need your help!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Bruce Allert
I present Spotty (on left) & Smudge. Humane Society rescues. Spotty is the one that had the intesuseption of his intestine. Notice Smudges "thumbs" on her front paws. (we're teaching her to hold a pencil then comes writing) wink.gif

Hows the little guy doin' Charles?

.....b
cnavarro
Like your kittens and their tower. :-) We can't have a wood tower because chunky monkey has a wood fettish and used to chew on the door jams in our house. Now he has a cardboard fettish and munches on it all day. Vet is closed today, but we will get an update first thing in the morning.

Charles Navarro
LN Engineering
http://www.LNengineering.com
Aircooled Precision Performance
Toast
I dont mind sending a donation. I love cats! wub.gif They have always been in my life until recently. sad.gif

I have some cat "stuff" I can send you. I didnt realize that you have other cats when I first started gathering those things. But, if you are interested, shoot me a PM with your address.
I have a leash, cat-pan liners, toy mice, hair brush, and two cat scrathcers--one carpet and one is cardboard type. Oh, and have two bags of cat nip too! wacko.gif

I'm sure that Tink wouldn't mind me parting with her stuff. wub.gif
skline
Just wanted to say thanks for posting an animal thread, I wont get a cat but have been missing having a dog around and am thinking of getting another one. My choice is a Jack Russell Terrier. Fun dogs and you can take them with you in your 914 when you go cruising. If I do, I will either name it Chalon or Turbo, they are small, fast and nimble just like the car.
Aaron Cox
nah..golden retrievers man! i have a 4yo, and a 1 year old pup.
Rgreen914
Great looking out for the "wildlife", Charles. The wife and I have rescued five cats over the last few years and have kept them all; we still have three of them. Our vet says some kids don't receive the medical care our felines get and we have the bills to prove it; will send out some money tomorrow. And maybe someday I'll send you money for Nickies...

Ron
cnavarro
I'll add pictures later today once I get the guys started on running some more cylinders.

Lucky, now his official name, is doing really well. All the employees at the vet just love him and they have been carrying him around, letting him socialize. My wife and I spent a while with him yesterday. We also had to "Lucky"-proof a room of our house, since he's not allowed to jump for 6 weeks, till the pin is removed. That means we are now sleeping on the mattress which now resides on the floor. All bedroom furniture had to be moved out to the garage, but most of it didn't make it that far since it's old-school ikea pressboard crap and it was OLD, from when I was in high school. So it's sleep on the floor 'til Christmas zen style :-)

Charles Navarro
LN Engineering
Bruce Allert
Aaron, ever read "Watchers"? If you like Goldens you'd prolly enjoy the book.

We fostered a retired Golden "Guide" for a couple months until she found a home. Flora was a great dog.

This weekend we went to Wild Cat Haven. Friends are rescuing BIG cats. 8 acres double fenced along with giant cages (runs). I do alot of their photography. They just got 3 new arrivals. 2- 5 year old cougars and a 10 week old cougar cub named Leo. The cub lives in their house. They do this strickly with donations. The cub was malnourished when they got him. Could hardly walk. Most of their rescues are in the form of being malnourished or abused.

www.wildcathaven.org

They desparatly need money, man/woman power to take care of the cats.... 40 in all. Lynx, Bobcats, Cervals, Cerracels, Occelots, Cougars and Jungle cats.

here's a couple pics of last week end.

......b
Bruce Allert
big guy!
aircooledboy
QUOTE(cnavarro @ Nov 23 2004, 08:21 AM)
Lucky, now his official name, is doing really well.

WOOHOOO!!! boldblue.gif

That was the name we gave our little deaf house guest, by the way. New owner liked it, so he kept it. Course, the dog was deaf, so his spoken name didn't matter much. laugh.gif

Once again Charles, proud o' you man. smilie_pokal.gif pray.gif
cnavarro
pic
cnavarro
pic
cnavarro
He's a little too fast for my camera, but we'll get better pictures when he's home on Sat :-)

Charles Navarro
LN Engineering
SLITS
QUOTE(cnavarro @ Nov 23 2004, 12:52 PM)
He's a little too fast for my camera, but we'll get better pictures when he's home on Sat :-)

Charles Navarro
LN Engineering

Whew............Thanks, I thought I was going blind cool_shades.gif
ClayPerrine
Hey Charles.. did you get the check I sent you?
cnavarro
Nope. No checks as of this afternoon. Prolly will be in tomorrow's mail. Thank again to everyone for their donations, Lucky thanks you with a big "meow".

Charles Navarro
LN Engineering
Rusty
QUOTE(cnavarro @ Nov 23 2004, 01:51 PM)
pic

MY GOD! Look at the jaws on that thing!! ohmy.gif
Robert21
:
pissoff.gif you would be mad if someone threw you out of a car
hope you recieved enough money .
Qarl
Photographs by Sir Andy?
Meredith
QUOTE(Lawrence @ Nov 23 2004, 12:33 PM)
QUOTE(cnavarro @ Nov 23 2004, 01:51 PM)
pic

MY GOD! Look at the jaws on that thing!! ohmy.gif

Maybe you should have named him Shark.
cnavarro
Lucky does have a good set of chompers. When I brought him in they didn't want to handle him because he kept biting and they said it really hurt. I didn't think so, but that's because i'm used to Nickie biting, and he draws blood if you piss him off!

Charles Navarro
LN Engineering
cnavarro
pic
cnavarro
pic
cnavarro
pic
Qarl
Hey! He looks great.

Did you get enough $$$ to cover the surgery?

Regards,

Qarl
cnavarro
pic
cnavarro
pic
cnavarro
pic
cnavarro
Lucky is doing great. He's sleeping, eating, and uses the litter box hourly during the night. We had to get an air purifier so that we don't die from the smell next to our bed :-) He's trying to walk on the leg, but doesn't quite have it down, so he's limping lots and it's a challenge for him to get out of the litter box. It looks like he doesnt have nerve damage in that leg, but it's hard to tell right now.

Lucky has to go back dec. 20th for x-rays then one more time for removal of the pin and shots.

Thanks again everyone for their support. Lucky's get well fund should have enough to cover all his hospital fees and I even think we'll be able to give a donation to the local humane society in 914club's and Lucky's name.

I'll make photo updates often so everyone can monitor Lucky's progress.

Charles Navarro
LN Engineering
Qarl
He's so cute!!!

mueba.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.