Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Need your help!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
cnavarro
I don't know about everyone here, but I am a sucker for animals. I have five cats (two are rescued) and one chow (was abused and I rescued it). I was on my way to the gym this morning and while waiting at the intersection of a 4 lane hwy, a car turned in front of me and the driver threw a 7-8 week old kitten out of the car while he was in motion! I immediately stopped traffic by blocking the intersection and chased the poor kitten down as it slipped and scurried, obviously injured. I ran it to the vet and x-rays show that it has a broken femur and will need a pin and well over a week stay at the vet. For the kitten to get the attention it needed, I had to take responsibility for the kitten, and I'm now turning to you guys for some help. Any donations to help care for this poor kitten would be greatly appriciated and can be sent to charles@LNengineering.com. Thanks guys, I owe everyone here big time!

Charles Navarro
LN Engineering
http://www.LNengineering.com
Aircooled Precision Performance
Pam
I assume that's a paypal thing - I don't know how to PayPal but as soon as I can touch base with Lawrence - I'll get something sent to you.

Will the vet be able to assist in getting the kitten adopted or are you planning on taking him/her in yourself???

-Pam
ClayPerrine
mad.gif Did you get the F---head's license plate and description of the car? It would be fun to report him to the ASPCA. chair.gif

Better yet. Let's "balance" him. Painfully break his leg and dump him in the middle of a freeway that big trucks use.

Let us know a snail mail address where we can send donations.

One of my favorite quotes is " How we treat animals in this life is how we will be treated in the next life".
rhodyguy
LN's shop address is listed if you click on the link or...

LN Engineering
626 N Locust St p.o. box#401
Momence IL 60954

kevin
cnavarro
I didn't get a chance to note anything more than the fact that it was a blue lumina (cheaper by the dozen in the area where this happened). I was more concerned with the cat, once I realized that it was a cat. I thought at first that it was a squirrel that had somehow gotten in the intersection and bounced off a car!

I am going to adopt the kitten, not sure where it's new home will be- office or home. "Nickie" (the office adopted cat) who had tar in his fur and a broken tail when I adopted him last year is a feisty one and i'm not sure if you would take well to company. We have a smaller home already packed with four cats (a full time job keeping those litter boxes, yes plural, clean), but they have lived through adopting a cat before. Morris, our 24 lb "purina morris the cat" was abandoned because he was a male cat (and possibly because he ate too much). Yeah, paypal will work great for those familiar with their service. Our snail mail address is: PO Box 401, Momence IL 60954. Thanks again guys!

Charles Navarro
LN Engineering
cnavarro
" How we treat animals in this life is how we will be treated in the next life".

I hope that's the case and I get re-incarnated as a cat, as I treat mine like family and even more so like human beings.

Also, I need some suggestions on what to name the little tyke. He's jet black with black eyes. I'll get pictures of him when I go visit the vet next.

Any donations in excess of the costs for his "repairs" will be donated to the local humane society.

Charles Navarro
LN Engineering
rhodyguy
Shavings biggrin.gif .

kevin
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(cnavarro @ Nov 19 2004, 10:49 AM)
" How we treat animals in this life is how we will be treated in the next life".

I hope that's the case and I get re-incarnated as a cat, as I treat mine like family and even more so like human beings.

Also, I need some suggestions on what to name the little tyke. He's jet black with black eyes. I'll get pictures of him when I go visit the vet next.

My cats are the owner of my house... they just have me live there so I can be their slave and work to pay their bills.

How about "Crash" for a name?
Qarl
Ummm... what's your Paypal address.

Easier for me then sending a check...
cnavarro
charles@LNengineering.com

Charles Navarro
LN Engineering
Bruce Allert
clap56.gif Yer a Good Guy Charles clap56.gif I could make it a past time well loved takin' out ass holes that treat animals like that mad.gif (no conscience whatsoever).
We rescued 2 kittens a month ago. 1 of them ended up in Dove Lewis emergency clinic and a $2500 bill. He & his sister are still with us beer.gif

$$$ coming yer way this afternoon buddy pray.gif

.........b
aircooledboy
Bless you Charles. You are a good man. smilie_pokal.gif pray.gif

I spent $1000 on a Jack Russel that I ran over in the silver streak a couple years back. Some asshole let him out in the country ahead of me on a foggy morning, came over the hill: WHAM!!!! ohmy.gif Vet wanted to put him down. I said no way. Do what ya gotta do, I will pay for it. If he dies, at least I did what I could. After 10 days at the vet, and 5 weeks of meds, he was good as new. Poor little guy was deaf, which was why he was trotting down the middle of the road and never heard me coming, and probably why the rotten bastard abandoned him. Bought a book on deaf dogs, taught him some sign language and found him a great home. It was expensive at a time when $ was scarce at home, frustrating and chaos in the house with our 2 dobbies, and I would do it again in a heart beat.
I never trusted people who don't like animals <_< , and can overlook a lot of faults in those who do. Paypal sent.

As far as a name, under the circumstances, I would go with "Lucky".
cnavarro
Just called to check on him and he's going to be anethesized so that they can set the broken bone and place a splint. He's scheduled for Monday for surgery, as they had to call in an outside vet to do the work since he's so small and the work is delicate. Thanks to everyone for their prayers and for the kind donations we've received thus far!

Charles Navarro
LN Engineering
McMark
I'm an animal person. No $ to spare, but you have my respect and honor. Name: Fur-Tina. Kinda catchy and sounds like Fourteener. idea.gif

Here's one of my buds.
Qarl
$29.14 sent for the kitten fund...

Good luck and God Bless You for taking care of a little animal in need.

Regards,

Qarl
SpecialK
icon_bump.gif

What goes around, comes around!
seanery
agree.gif
aircooledboy
QUOTE(Special_K @ Nov 19 2004, 04:23 PM)
icon_bump.gif

What goes around, comes around!

And if you are really lucky, you get to be there to see it happen when it does. happy11.gif chair.gif monkeydance.gif
carreraguy
Charles:

I'm also a sucker for animals. PayPal made to your email address.

I think "Lucky" is a good name too!
cnavarro
Thank you again everyone. I got a phone call from the vet just now- they decided to do surgery tonight rather than wait until monday. They were successful in mending his leg and he should be fine. They said it will be at least one week before we can take him home since they want to tend to him very closely. I'll keep everyone posted and will get a photo on monday when my wife and I visit him.

Charles Navarro
LN Engineering
JoeSharpOld
Fuzzy is concerned. BIG BUCKS comen from the Fuzzy Food Fund.
Series9
If only 914s got fixed as quickly as this cat.

I could really use some donations for my 'cat' (914). OK, just kidding.

I'm an animal guy too, but don't really like cats (is that possible).

I wanted to post the 'free cat' picture, but didn't have the heart.

Anyway, I sent $10 to your PayPal address.

Good luck,

Joe
Qarl
Does our little furry "project" have a name yet Charles???
cnavarro
Here are the names in contention: Lucky, crash, chance, dash, teener, or splint. Any more suggestions?

Charles Navarro
LN Engineering
SLITS
Well, unfortunately and you won't like it, but where I live they would call him/her "Taco"

Bribe will be sent for not getting mad!
redshift
schlitz...please don't make me say something ugly....

smile.gif
Bruce Allert
My vote is for LUCKY. $10 bucks on it's way Charles.

........b
JoeSharpOld
Damn Charles: You've got me. This will prolly cost me nikkies and lifters. rolleyes.gif
Joe
Series9
QUOTE(redshift @ Nov 19 2004, 06:54 PM)
schlitz...please don't make me say something ugly....

smile.gif

DUDE! DON'T DO IT!

I've been trying to take a little pressure off of you by pissing people off over the fiberglass flare issue, but that's the best I can do right now. biggrin.gif
Qarl
How about calling him "Rusty".... something nearly all of our teeners have in common!
SLITS
Hey, don't worry about crackerboy - he's getting used to pissing himself off cool.gif
redshift
I wasn't going to be mean to the kitty.

I was going to say I like dog, but I love cat.

M
-resizing my avatar makes the stick people sticky-
SpecialK
NARP (Not A Roadkill Pussycat)
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Special_K @ Nov 19 2004, 08:21 PM)
NARP (Not A Roadkill Pussycat)

agree.gif pray.gif Now that is a Great Name for a cat that survived what the little thing did!!!! chairfall.gif smilie_pokal.gif to Special_K!!

Check is written and I am putting it in the envelope right now. I don't do paypal, so it comes to you snail mail.

BTW... is it a boy or a girl?
Rusty
QUOTE(cnavarro @ Nov 19 2004, 07:40 PM)
Here are the names in contention: Lucky, crash, chance, dash, teener, or splint. Any more suggestions?

Charles Navarro
LN Engineering

Yeah... you can call the kitten "Airborne"

smile.gif
scottb
i am not a cat guy but i am an animal guy.... my donation has been sent via paypal....

get the little nugget well....

and i wish an infected rectal bleed on the scumbag who threw NARP..... ar15.gif ar15.gif
Walter
QUOTE(cnavarro @ Nov 19 2004, 05:40 PM)

Charles Navarro
LN Engineering

Hi Charles,

Considering it is you, the first name that comes to my mind is 'Nicky' (what else rolleyes.gif )

Best of luck with him/her.

Walter
cnavarro
Well, Nicky is the name of the other cat I rescued that lives in my office. Most definately was a no brainer for the first adopted kitty. Kitty is doing fine- they started an antibiotic series on him this morning and wormer, as he had the runs. I think i'd have the runs after an accident like that.

Charles Navarro
LN Engineering
redshift
QUOTE(Lawrence @ Nov 20 2004, 11:28 AM)

smile.gif

CROOL MAN!!!!!!!

laugh.gif

M
JoeSharpOld
I like AIRBORNE, I was. smilie_pokal.gif
Joe
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Lawrence @ Nov 20 2004, 09:28 AM)

smile.gif

Leave it to a non-jump rated officer to come up with that one.... biggrin.gif (Hi Rusty!!!!)

I like it. I would send a pair of jump wings, but where would he wear them?

But that all said I like NARP better. It fits.
Rusty
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Nov 20 2004, 06:05 PM)
QUOTE(Lawrence @ Nov 20 2004, 09:28 AM)

smile.gif

Leave it to a non-jump rated officer to come up with that one.... biggrin.gif (Hi Rusty!!!!)

I like it. I would send a pair of jump wings, but where would he wear them?

But that all said I like NARP better. It fits.

Bite me. I'm no dirty nasty leg. finger.gif

I can get a little set of jump wings (the ones off of my mess blues*) and they could be crimped to the collar.

-Lawrence

*A type of formal uniform, like a tuxedo.
ClayPerrine
I apologize to you sir. You never told me you were jump qualified.

AIRBORNE SIR!!!
Rusty
All The Way!
DuckRyder
I like airborne or splint.

Check your pay pal.
JoeSharpOld
AIRBORNE Sir. Little wings on the collar. I like it. Does sending the most money give me the biggest vote?
Come on Charles. Flying out of a car and braking a leg doing a PLF. Wow.
Give him Rustys wings and get him a nice collar form me.
AIRBORNE KITTY. Brings a tear to my eye.
Joe
Tom Perso
IPB Image

Sadie (the dog) and LJ (the cat) sent in some money...

We are adopting another cat today to keep the one we have entertained... and give the dog another target... smile.gif

Good man Charles!!!

Later,
Tom
crash914
I like crash......
cnavarro
Airbourne, hmm. My wife thinks Teener would be good, but Rusty is equally appropriate since she concurs that most 914s all have rust, our x-914 included. My dad, with his horrid sense of humor, keep suggesting peg leg or black beard. Someone suggested split- that would be appropriate too, since apparently his split is larger than his whole body.

I'm hoping we can bring the kitten home in a week, but it's sure going to be a hair raising experience to introduce him to our other cats. I can just remember what happened last time we brought Morris (chunky monkey) home. Took 8 months for the dust to settle :-)

And again, thanks everyone for the support. Pictures will be coming tomorrow....

Charles Navarro
LN Engineering
cnavarro
I like crash too! Too many decisions!

Charles Navarro
LN Engineering
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.