Full Version: G&R All 914 Rusty Parts Swap Meet & Animal Flesh Roast Festival
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
76-914
[quote name='SLITS' date='Apr 4 2013, 03:36 PM' post='1845334']
[quote name='76-914' date='Apr 4 2013, 11:17 AM' post='1845193']
[quote name='SLITS' date='Apr 4 2013, 10:37 AM' post='1845169']
No chili ..................

If'n you want chili I will make some and bring it but I don't want to hear any crying or whining. It's Texas style chili and not like Joe's, which your accustomed to.
[/quote]

Yer from Looooosiana and not a Tejan .... you don't know how hot Joes' chili was. Many complained they could not taste or smell for weeks after eating it. This does not address the gastrointestinal distress that was reported. biggrin.gif

Regardless, Bring it on ya redneck. We'll wipe out Florida with the fumes!
[/quote]
LA? I never said I was from Loooooosiana. I may have done time there but I'm from TX. If'n you ever attended one of Willie Nelson's Chili Cookoffs in Terlingua, you'll know what to expect!
Elliot Cannon
YGTBSM! Nobody needs trunk lids?? icon_bump.gif
76-914
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Apr 8 2013, 05:27 PM) *

are they black?
euro911
QUOTE(76-914 @ Apr 8 2013, 07:35 PM) *
are they black?
So, I can finally get rid of the stigma associated with having a Corvette wing by merely installing an unmolested rear deck lid? idea.gif

Click to view attachment
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(76-914 @ Apr 8 2013, 08:35 PM) *

are they black?

Of course. The front has a Porsche crest (free). The rear has a spoiler (also free). biggrin.gif
76-914
Ugh. No spoiler for me. Might make the car look fast. Ron might want that badged hood, though. happy11.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(76-914 @ Apr 9 2013, 08:49 AM) *

Ugh. No spoiler for me. Might make the car look fast. Ron might want that badged hood, though. happy11.gif

Badges? Badges? I don't need no stinkin' Badges!***

***I haven't suffered an identity crisis since I was 21. It was then that I discovered I was an abrasive asshole and have been fine since.
Elliot Cannon
Did you say you are an abrasive ass hole or you have an abrasive ass hole? lol-2.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Apr 9 2013, 12:55 PM) *

Did you say you are an abrasive ass hole or you have an abrasive ass hole? lol-2.gif

BOTH
76-914
icon_bump.gif I got some chili that will fix that problem, Ron.
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(SLITS @ Apr 9 2013, 01:27 PM) *

BOTH

Which came first? happy11.gif
914_teener
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Apr 10 2013, 08:35 AM) *

BOTH

Now I know what PCA sponsored means!

Politically Correct ***hole !
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(914_teener @ Apr 10 2013, 10:06 AM) *

QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Apr 10 2013, 08:35 AM) *

BOTH

Now I know what PCA sponsored means!

Politically Correct ***hole !

What do you mean by that? Slits is living (kinda) proof that you can be an ***hole without being politically correct. av-943.gif lol-2.gif
Elliot Cannon
Politically correct? Asshole? You decide. To know him is to love him. grouphug.gif av-943.gif Take note that he has BOTH fingers raised this time.
euro911
Yeah, looks like he's finally mellowing out a bit, now that he's in his mid '90s ... laugh.gif
76-914
Wanna bet. He's doubled up and is now shooting 2 birds at once. av-943.gif
Elliot Cannon
If someone can use these hoods, I'll bring them to the G&R. If not, they will be junked. By the way, no dents but the paint looks much better in the pics than they really are. This was pretty much a 30 foot paint job from the beginning. laugh.gif And NO, I didn't paint it. av-943.gif
silver74insocal
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Apr 13 2013, 06:36 PM) *

If someone can use these hoods, I'll bring them to the G&R. If not, they will be junked. By the way, no dents but the paint looks much better in the pics than they really are. This was pretty much a 30 foot paint job from the beginning. laugh.gif And NO, I didn't paint it. av-943.gif

SOLD!! i dont care about paint just dents. beer.gif i dont care what Kent says about you, you sir, rock aktion035.gif

thanks, Dave
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(silver74insocal @ Apr 13 2013, 07:15 PM) *

QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Apr 13 2013, 06:36 PM) *

SOLD!! i dont care about paint just dents. beer.gif i dont care what Kent says about you, you sir, rock aktion035.gif

thanks, Dave

Great!! I'll bring them then. Who cares what Kent says. He's from texas. happy11.gif
euro911
Looks like you snagged them in the nick-of-time, Dave ... Elliot had the rear lid poised to go out with Monday's trash sad.gif

Click to view attachment
Steve
Here's a link to the classifieds with the stuff I will be bringing with me to the G&R.
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...=0#entry1850081
dw914er
If anyone happens to have a black, basket weave style, vinyl seat cushions, I'll buy them at the roast smile.gif I believe they were from 72-74

See you guys Saturday
euro911
SUNDAY, Ben ... SUNDAY
rpmmaxxed
if silver74 changes his mind on the lids, I'll take them. I think black lids would look great on my red car... and I LOVE that wing.
SLITS
THIS SUNDAY FOLKS
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(SLITS @ Apr 15 2013, 09:51 AM) *

THIS SUNDAY FOLKS

Well, that explains why the gate was locked. dry.gif
rhodyguy
haha.
Madswede
QUOTE(Joe Sharp @ Apr 4 2013, 12:09 PM) *

Thank All-ya-all very much.
Hey Ron, if you think about it can you take a speedo drive with you to the R 66. I have one abut I can't get it to you or the event. Nelson is in need.

I just saw that you'd posted this Joe. Thanks man! The one I got from Ron works great. Now, the need for it, considering the inaccuracy, is something other people may question all they like, but between the speedo and tach I've managed to make a few mental markers as to what speed I'm in the neighborhood for each gear. In short, I'm good!

I love you guys man! wub.gif
dw914er
QUOTE(euro911 @ Apr 14 2013, 09:29 PM) *

SUNDAY, Ben ... SUNDAY

Whoops, that's what I meant....
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(dw914er @ Apr 15 2013, 08:00 PM) *

SUNDAY, Ben ... SUNDAY

Cow Poly graduate?
euro911
Look who's talking. Didn't you leave for a Rt-66 Run a week early one year? laugh.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(euro911 @ Apr 15 2013, 10:27 PM) *

Look who's talking. Didn't you leave for a Rt-66 Run a week early one year? laugh.gif

Everyone else was a week 'late'. biggrin.gif
Elliot Cannon
I also have a rear valance (black) if anyone is interested.
dw914er
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Apr 15 2013, 10:20 PM) *

QUOTE(dw914er @ Apr 15 2013, 08:00 PM) *

SUNDAY, Ben ... SUNDAY

Cow Poly graduate?

Yes, Elliot. Luckily I showed up on the right day for that. biggrin.gif
euro911
I might be interested in the valance ... for when I swap the Triad out for the banana mueba.gif
7TPorsh
Instead of the usual kissing booth... barf.gif

Maybe someone can set up a "timing" booth?

"Get your car timed for ???"

Seriously I can't get this damn car running smoother.
dfelz
I am looking to trade my headers/exhaust system, and figured this could be a good opportunity to do so to avoid shipping hassles.
I have 1.7L SS heat exchangers in good condition, just cleaned one and its very shinny biggrin.gif . The muffler is an Empi dual single tip outlet.
I have no need for the heat exchangers since i will be building a AX car and am looking for a kerry hunter style 4-1 set up, i am open to other possibilities too. Please PM me if you have anything that may be of interest. Thanks!

My hand go tired so i only cleaned one....
IPB Image
rhodyguy
what's the weather forecast for the weekend? i'm pac nw white. will i need some sunblock?
7TPorsh
hot, continued hot...>85
rhodyguy
thanks. sunblock it is.
euro911
Hot and sunny enough to heat 55 gallons of water up ...

Click to view attachment

Sun block, a hat and lots of water recommended

beer3.gif
Marv's3.6six
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Mar 25 2013, 08:13 AM) *

QUOTE(Marv's3.6six @ Mar 25 2013, 07:57 AM) *

I intend to be there AND hope to be driving a 914. confused24.gif blink.gif

Whos 914 will you be driving and will you be bringing pictures of your 914? happy11.gif av-943.gif

You pegged it Ell. No car for me.... not done yet. You have shamed me such that it would be an error in judgement to show up without a car... as such I will not be there and I will not be driving a 914 sad.gif wacko.gif
76-914
When I was building my plane I attended lots of fly-in's/swap meets to keep building costs down. Someone always had bags of mixed parts for sale. Mostly by the pound (aluminum) but not always. Parts were mixed and many in each bag. I know some of you guys have ton's of nuts' bolts, washers, clamps, etc. so why not bag 'em up in small bags and sell 'em. It's expected that a good deal will be "hardly used" items. Kinda like if you want this then you gotta buy this, also. I can guarantee you that most everyone here has had to stop working on their 914 because of some nut, bolt, etc. that they don't have. $5 for a bag of used nuts & bolts or $20 in gas to drive around looking. confused24.gif Just saying.........
euro911
Well, that's a 'nutty' idea, Kent ... idea.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(Marv's3.6six @ Apr 19 2013, 04:10 PM) *

QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Mar 25 2013, 08:13 AM) *

QUOTE(Marv's3.6six @ Mar 25 2013, 07:57 AM) *

I intend to be there AND hope to be driving a 914. confused24.gif blink.gif

Whos 914 will you be driving and will you be bringing pictures of your 914? happy11.gif av-943.gif

You pegged it Ell. No car for me.... not done yet. You have shamed me such that it would be an error in judgement to show up without a car... as such I will not be there and I will not be driving a 914 sad.gif wacko.gif

Sorry you won't make it Marv. sad.gif I'm afraid my car won't be ready either. dry.gif You should still drop by if you have a chance.
SLITS
Show up Marv & we will discuss Precision Motion.
rhodyguy
packing my bag now. hopefully i'll be at the comfort inn in riverside by 9pm. maybe ron will be working late. 4/20. too funny. party on garth. looking forward to some heat.

k
euro911
Packed up the truck last night, ready to go in the AM driving.gif

See y'all there ...
76-914
Packed my truck, too. To get my wife set up w/ tables, tents, etc. at her event tomorrow AM. sad.gif Then it it's back home, pick up the chili (I had to bury it in the back yard because it kept leaving burn marks on the counter) up to G&R smile.gif . After lunch I repeat that in reverse order. blink.gif
bdstone914
Packed up my van to the roof with goodies.

Lets the games begin!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.