Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Boxster wheels on 914 w/glass flares
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cwpeden
$900 for a set of Boxster wheels.

http://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/...INTERS_19355106

These are the wheels i would like to put on my car. Does anyone know what this spacing means? Or is there a website thar explains it....in english.

I'm guessing its the mounting surface offset but which way?
tadink
hi -

I just went thru this on mine with some 993 wheels.

I wound up using 2.5" spacers on the rear and 1.5' on the fronts - I could have gone with 3" on the rears I think - they are still a little close to the tub.

Have the guy measure the distance from the inside of the wheel (where it touches the hub) to the inner edge of the tire. You'll need to space it so that you have no more than 5" (so if it measures 7" you'll need a 2" spacer). <<note, I'm working from memory here, and this mind is feeble, your results may vary>>

Then, once you have the things on the car - it will be too high off the ground and you'll be chasing the rear perches and front height adjustment like the rest of us. LOL

td
bulitt
Put these on, they sort of look like the old torque thrusts. 7" x17" front with 2" spacers on 911conversion hubs, and 8.5"x17" rears with 30mm spacers. steel flares. 2003 boxster wheels. 215-40 front and 245-40 rear tires.

IPB Image
aircooledtechguy
I have a set of those exact wheels that I'm putting onto my shop car. If you should find yourself about 40 miles south of the border near Anacortes and want to test their fit a ser to your car and see how they look before you buy them, please come by my shop.

I really like those wheels. Since they were an optional wheel, they're not too common either. The fronts are 6.5x17 55et and the rears are 8x17 40et. My wheels currently have 235-50 on the rears and 205-50 winter tires installed.
sixnotfour
You need 4 fronts and spacers, unless you want to modify your rear fenders...
zambezi
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Mar 24 2013, 08:11 PM) *

You need 4 fronts and spacers, unless you want to modify your rear fenders...

I would think 8's would fit fine under fiberglass flares, I have 17 x 7's on the rear of my non flared car.
sixnotfour
your right my bad..spacers still needed
cwpeden
So I'm right? The ET is the offset of the mount surface, but which way?
cwpeden
Does this answer the question? Partially.

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.