Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gauge Panel for Center Dash-Interest
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
7TPorsh
Well I finally got it in and it looks pretty cool. Still need to wire it up. A little alteration to the existing plate and added my custom plate an viola; instant visibility.

I can have these made at a pretty reasonable cost that I can pass on. This panel is 16 ga. mild steel; but I think a little thinner will be the way to go. This variation has a hole for a x19 "console gauge" (clock in my case) and 4 holes for standard VDO gauges. With basketweave folded through, the gauges fit perfectly snug. Other variations could use either size. Hardest thing was getting the basketweave to line up... smile.gif

I would need at least 15 interested parties to make it work; preferable wanting the same configuration or similar.

Price point will be roughly $40-45 delivered to CONUS. I await the raves and rants.

Also have an extra one right now with the same configuration if anyone interested; had two made.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

JamesM
Its a clean look but costs you the heater contols and having to cut a bit into the stock dash.

For 5 gauges you can get the 3 gauge radio plate and the 2 gauge ashtray pod from rennmetal, have heat controls, and not cut up the dash. Not as clean but fully reverseable.

Mike Bellis
I voted no because I like my heater and radio...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.