Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Static Spin
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
d7n7master
Hi all,
While assembling my new engine I torqued the impeller hub to 21 f.p's. (stock spec.) In an effort to set-up the distributor I used the impeller hub bolt to rotate the engine using the same torque wrench. The force req'd was a little more than the 21 f.p.'s I had set. Although it spins with fairly consistant resistance/no "tight" spots the bolt is now torqued to 22 f.p's. Is this normal??? BTW - How do YOU spin your "static" engine??? P.S. Clutch pack is installed... wink.gif
Thanx, Gary
Joe Ricard
No tight spots.... So I take it your plugs are still out. Good question that I never gave much thought about. Now you got me thinking idea.gif Well Rob's motor turn with my finger tips.

However I don't have pistons and cylinders on yet... ANYBODY WANT TO GUESS WHY?????
d7n7master
Yep, no spark plugs installed. Their installed in this pic - but just to keep crap out. I can spin it using the flywheel too but not as accurate (rotationally) as when I spin it from the impeller hub bolt. Oh, yeah - the oil is drained as well.
Thanks, Gary
Allan
NIce looking motor. I see you cases are silver. Is it paint, powder coat?
d7n7master
Thanx - It's just plain 'ol silver engine paint.
Hey Joe, my guess why you don't have p & c's on yet is that Santa hasn't brought your nikkies yet - or...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.