Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel pump
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914itis
Car run great! With a a little rattling / rubing sound .it has been that way for over a year, with a litle time in my hands, I decide to trouble shoot. I check everywhere thinking that I may have dropped a bolt, somewhere , none. Check the belt, tight . While checking the heat exhangers, I noticed it was coming by the fuel pump, yes it is the fuel pump.

I had a spare pump, I decided to replace it, the noise on the second pump was almost unbearable.

Oh well! Just wanted to share.
Madswede
When my car had the carbed bus motor in it, the low-P fuel pump made lots of noise for a couple days before it died. Tapped it with a hammer a couple times, and it worked and quieted down. My only conclusion from that was that it needed attention. confused24.gif
mepstein
Paul - I have a 2 port if you need it. $n/c. I can bring to hershey or ship if you need it now. Mark
rhodyguy
carbs or fi?

k
914itis
Gentkemen,

I don't think there is anything Wong other then, thy are just noisy.
It is fuel injection and the 2 port pumps.

Scott, the car belong to the previous owner of the body shop. The new owner pushes it out as he needed the space. I have his number and have been tryng to contact him with no answer. His voice mail is full. I was also told that the engine was a 2270. I will keep you posted .

rhodyguy
2270 with stock d or ljet? either way your pump shouldn't make a bunch of noise.
rhodyguy
2270 with stock d or ljet? either way your pump shouldn't make a bunch of noise.
914itis
It is a 2.0 djet, the first pump is not that noisy, just a small noticeable rattle . The replacement was loud. The are both Bosch with different part numbers.
76-914
Paul, from your description I take it that it is still mounted under the battery. Is is still mounted on the factory vibration isolators?
914itis
QUOTE(76-914 @ Apr 6 2013, 10:57 AM) *

Paul, from your description I take it that it is still mounted under the battery. Is is still mounted on the factory vibration isolators?

Yes, it is at the factory location, mounted with a bracket, not sure what the isolators look like. Any pics?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.