Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Suspension noise?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dmilzoff
I have a 1970 914-6 with a low pitched pulsing hum. It only happens when I make a slow right turn at low speed (at high speeds the engine may obscure the noise.) It seems to be the front right wheel. The tire has plenty of clearance. Tie rod? Wheel bearings? Any ideas on a way to track down the cause and solution?
Gint
Step on the go/loud pedal and forget about it.

Sorry. I'm sure your serious. Jack the front of the car up and grab the wheel(s) at noon and 6 and check for loose wheel bearings. Grab at 3 and 9 and wiggle to check for tie rod play. Take a pal out there and have him/her move a wheel right to left and check the steering shaft and rack for movement. This little exploratory should give you a better idea what's wrong. Or at least give us a better idea of what it may be based on your results.
SirAndy
QUOTE(dmilzoff @ May 19 2003, 03:52 PM)
I have a 1970 914-6 with a low pitched pulsing hum. It only happens when I make a slow right turn at low speed (at high speeds the engine may obscure the noise.) It seems to be the front right wheel. The tire has plenty of clearance. Tie rod? Wheel bearings? Any ideas on a way to track down the cause and solution?

sounds like a wheel bearing ...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.