Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wiring Harness
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
stuttgart46
I'm in the middle of a conversion to a 6 and I was curious to see if you guys that have done this retain your wiring harness or do you fabricate a new one.
Does anybody make one for purchase or are they typcially custom built?
TIA
Chad
bdstone914
Perry on this board makes Very nice engine harnesses for 6's.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...amp;mode=linear
Cap'n Krusty
I REALLY don't like "ditto" posts, but I am making an exception. Like Jeff Bowlsby's FI and engine harnesses for the 4 cylinder cars, Perry's /6 harnesses are a thing of beauty, things you can't just knock out yourself, done better than you ever could.

The Cap'n
stuttgart46
Thanks for the heads up guys.
SLITS
1st conversion: I used the /4 engine harness and matched function (not color) of the wires. I tied the /4 into the /6 engine harness and taped off the unused wires of the /6 harness. I also used the /4 relay board.

2nd conversion: Pulled the 911 connector plate and tied in the /4 main body wires again matching function.

3rd conversion: Used the /4 main harness and wired direct to the /6 engine harness.

4th conversion: Will use the 914 14 pin main connector with a mating 14 pin connector from the 911 engine harness.

That said, I am a CASOB and Perry's harnesses are nice!!!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.