Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 3.2 conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rhd914
Hi All, I am slowly converting my '73 2.0 to a 3.2. I have the engine and gearbox in, oil lines, gearchange and clutch pretty well sorted. I am now turning my attention to the intake system. I am using the Factory DME.

What I need to see is how others have done the air intake to the throttle body? The Factory rubber elbow sits up a little too high. Also, where and how did you mount and connect the air flow meter?
If anyone has some photo's, can you post them please, I'd like to see them.
It would be a help to me.
Thanks
Geoff smile.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(rhd914 @ Apr 11 2013, 11:45 PM) *

Hi All, I am slowly converting my '73 2.0 to a 3.2. I have the engine and gearbox in, oil lines, gearchange and clutch pretty well sorted. I am now turning my attention to the intake system. I am using the Factory DME.

What I need to see is how others have done the air intake to the throttle body? The Factory rubber elbow sits up a little too high. Also, where and how did you mount and connect the air flow meter?
If anyone has some photo's, can you post them please, I'd like to see them.
It would be a help to me.
Thanks
Geoff smile.gif

If i remember correctly, you can flip the whole intake system 180 degrees and it will clear the engine lid (without the rain tray) ...

popcorn[1].gif
rhd914
That sounds great, I'll try that in the morning.
Thanks
mepstein
From what I've seen you add a PVC extension to the rubber elbow. I don'r believe you have to flip the intake to get it to fit. There are lots of build threads on world with 3.2's. Have fun.
phillstek
Here's mine. Linkage from throttle body goes to rear with bell crank in stock location.

No need to flip the intakes.
MoveQik
Mine is about the same...
Steve
Click on my name and go to my blog for my pictures. I used a PVC pipe from Home Depot and extended the air flow meter. This allowed me to keep the stock air cleaner. It takes a little more room, but its waterproof. I might go back to a cone filter like the other guys and make a water shield. I bet K&N already makes one
Madswede
Hmmm, my 3.2 doesn't have one of those. confused24.gif

happy11.gif
AZ914
QUOTE(Madswede @ Apr 12 2013, 12:38 PM) *

Hmmm, my 3.2 doesn't have one of those. confused24.gif

happy11.gif

Don't be jealous.
AZ914
Mine is exactly the same as Mike's (MOVQIK) above. Just not that shiny.
jim912928
I have pictures if you search my screen name. I didn't have to flip mine either..I just extended the airflow meter out so I could use the stock 3.2L air cleaner. Everything clears the engine lid fine.
tomeric914
Flipped. Check page 3 on my build thread in my signature.

IPB Image
rhd914
That's great thanks for the reply's.
McMark
Something a little different. Keeps the stock air box and stock intake orientation. The air box is moved to the opposite side of the engine though. Clears the engine lid (with a slight mod) and the stock battery tray just fine.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.