Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brake Master Sylinder Grommets
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TonyAKAVW
I'm replacing my leaking stock brake master cylinder with a 19mm that I had in my last 914. Its only seen about a year's worth of use and has been sitting on a shelf for about as long. I need to replace the fluid reservoir grommets on the top of the cylinder because I believe that when I pulled it out of the car I just yanked them out. Plus its probably a good idea to have new ones anyway.

Question is.. Are the grommets the same for the 17mm master as they are for the 19mm ? That is, if I order them should I ask for 911 grommets or 914 grommets?

Also, whats the verdict on power bleeders? Are they worth it?

-Tony
TimT
Also, whats the verdict on power bleeders? Are they worth it?

dunno about the grommets, but the power bleeders are great!

I made my own out of of an extra brake resevoir cover, a steel tire valve stem , and a length of hose with a tire valve fitting..

Fill up the resevoir, put the cover on, attach the hose to the front left tire, then bleed away, just keep an eye on the fluid level in the master cylinder.
bondo
911 hoses are different, but the holes in the MC are the same. 911 grommets won't work, get 914 ones. New grommets make it MUCH easier to install the hoses too.
scotty914
i just reused mine. stuggled for like an hour to get the lines with the grommets on in to the MC. then figured it was much easier to put the grommets in to the MC then install the lines in to the grommets, took about 5 mins
eeyore
Call Tom @ Pelican Parts 888-280-7799. He tracked down the right grommets for me after the 19mm M/C I ordered from them had 2 different sized grommets.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.