Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914/4 injector
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gifted914
G'day all.
Does anyone know the operating voltage and amps on the injector.
I dont't thing it is straight 12 volts.

Peter
Mike Bellis
It is a 12V injector. The amperage is in the mili amp range. Measure the resistance and use Ohm's Law to solve for current.

Click to view attachment
Dave_Darling
The 1.8s have the resistor pack which drops the voltage going to the injectors.

The 1.7 and 2.0 ECUs do not supply 12V, either.

Hmm, actually: according to the D-jet bible, the D-jet injectors see a peak of just over 12V, and are held open by 4-5V.

http://members.rennlist.com/pbanders/ecu.htm#D1-D2

--DD
gifted914
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Apr 18 2013, 02:43 PM) *

The 1.8s have the resistor pack which drops the voltage going to the injectors.

The 1.7 and 2.0 ECUs do not supply 12V, either.

Hmm, actually: according to the D-jet bible, the D-jet injectors see a peak of just over 12V, and are held open by 4-5V.

http://members.rennlist.com/pbanders/ecu.htm#D1-D2

--DD

thanks beerchug.gif
gifted914
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Apr 18 2013, 01:30 PM) *

It is a 12V injector. The amperage is in the mili amp range. Measure the resistance and use Ohm's Law to solve for current.

Click to view attachment

Thanks beerchug.gif
sofi2t81
I talked with a Bosch guy at the Techno Classica in Essen (Germany) who gave a short presentation about the D-Jet.

The Voltage from the ECU is 3V!

Peter
gifted914
QUOTE(sofi2t81 @ Apr 19 2013, 12:48 AM) *

I talked with a Bosch guy at the Techno Classica in Essen (Germany) who gave a short presentation about the D-Jet.

Peter

Thanks for the info.

Peter beerchug.gif
Spoke
QUOTE(sofi2t81 @ Apr 18 2013, 10:48 AM) *

Peter

Keep in mind that the 3V is output only when loaded with the injector. If one were to disconnect the injector, the output is actually 12V.

There is a resistor between the switched 12V and the output. The resistor is about 6 ohms (6.15 ohms in P Anders website). The resistor limits the current through the injector and the voltage across the injector.

The injector resistance is 2.67 ohms in P Anders website.

One calculates the voltage across the injector to be a resistor divider between the internal 6.15 ohms and 2.67 ohm injector.

So with the injector, the measured voltage would be : 12V x 2.67 / (2.67 + 6.15) = 3.6V.

The injector current would be limited by the injector and internal resistances: 12V/(2.67 + 6.15) = 1.36 Amperes

If you want to test an injector, use 12V with 6 ohms in series with the injector.

The 6 ohm resistor does have to be a power type. Power calculated by I x I x R = 1.36A X 1.36A X 6 = 11 Watts. A 5W resistor would do since one would be pulsing the injector on and off to test (assumption).

Sorry to get so technical.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.