Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: parts haven swap meet
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
dlkawashima
You wouldn't happen to have a '73 (or late model) center console in your stash? Looking for a perfect one to replace mine ...
Cap'n Krusty
Nope. Sorry. The Cap'n
JimN73
Cap'n, what's the headcount for dinner?
Cap'n Krusty
Looks like maybe a dozen, with a couple of maybes on top of that.

The Cap'n
bdstone914
Any last minute requests for parts? Im loading up the van now!
Cap'n Krusty
OK. TODAY'S THE DAY I'm awake. The Vanagon's loaded with everything except the suitcase and the cooler. We're hitting the road in an hour or so and looking forward to dinner with those of you who can make it. See ya!

The Cap'n
vw505
I need a front sway bar.
Jmedeiros
Safe travels Bruce!! beerchug.gif
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ May 31 2013, 07:55 PM) *

Any last minute requests for parts? Im loading up the van now!

Jmedeiros
Safe Travels Cap'n!! See you tonight! beer3.gif beerchug.gif

QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Jun 1 2013, 06:29 AM) *

OK. TODAY'S THE DAY I'm awake. The Vanagon's loaded with everything except the suitcase and the cooler. We're hitting the road in an hour or so and looking forward to dinner with those of you who can make it. See ya!

The Cap'n

JimN73
For those who are still at home and haven't been to Buffalo Bills before, there is city parking behind the place and you can come in the back door or walk down the side with the patio seating.
Jmedeiros
Thanks for the heads up Jim! We'll see you soon!!

QUOTE(JimN73 @ Jun 1 2013, 03:30 PM) *

For those who are still at home and haven't been to Buffalo Bills before, there is city parking behind the place and you can come in the back door or walk down the side with the patio seating.

pt_700
my regrets for missing dinner. the afternoon's events conspired against me but, i still have another chance tomorrow!

i'll wear a dark green tee with a tangerine teener on the front. feel free to shake me from my daze to say hello (and chide me for missing dinner...).
Mike Bellis
Me too...

I got side tracked. But, My car will be driveable tomorrow... piratenanner.gif
dlkawashima
Is there going to be a 914 corral like last year?
Dave_Darling
No 914 corral. I've seen three fans so far, two next to the cap'n and one farther down.
Steve
I had to do it!!
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
dlkawashima
You want pictures? I have pictures.

Let's start with a VW Transporter. Nothing too unusual from this angle ...
Click to view attachment

But wait ..... what's that under the back seat?
Click to view attachment

It's a 3.2 liter six!
Click to view attachment

Cable shift linkage ...
Click to view attachment

Some other cars in the swap area:
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
jim_hoyland
Great pics Dave smile.gif thanks for sharing.
dlkawashima
Thanks Jim. Here are a few more pics of cars in the judging area:

The only 914 in the contest ... a very nice '71.
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

The owner's manual was signed by members of the Porsche family ...
Click to view attachment

356:
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

But the 911 really ruled the day ... probably more 911s than all the other cars combined. Here are a few more examples:
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
DanT
The beige and blue speedsters in the display area were both type1 dual port powered kit cars! Very nicely done.

QUOTE(dlkawashima @ Jun 2 2013, 07:12 PM) *

356:

But the 911 really ruled the day ... probably more 911s than all the other cars combined. Here are a few more examples:
vw505
Had a nice day there,I was the guy asking for a front sway bar.
Cap'n Krusty
Had a great time at dinner. Good food, enjoyable company, good beers and ales. My salad was outstanding, and the Alimony Ale tasty. Not hoppy enough, but nice nevertheless. Bruce Stone and I arrived at the swap meet site around 0630 and he was able to score seller spaces in the shade. Met a lot of nice folks during the course of doing biz and I ended up being the last seller to leave. Thanks to all those who helped me reduce the size of my parts stash. Still too much left, but I'm workin' on it! Ran into a tire delamination issue near lovely San Ardo (look it up!) on the way home and suffered a restful but irritating 2 hour delay waiting for AAA. All in all, a good trip, though.

Thanks to the good people of Parts Heaven for providing space and support for this event. Buy from them when you can. Tell Al or Spencer John Larson told you to call.
Might not do you any good, but it'll score points for me!

BTW, I got a good look at Bruce's amazing pedal cluster rebuilds, his sway bar kits, and other goodies. NICE STUFF! You may not be worthy, though. I suggest you beg him to sell you a refurbished pedal cluster.

Gotta go unload the Vanagon and straighten out the storage ....................

The Cap'n

Dave_Darling
QUOTE(dlkawashima @ Jun 2 2013, 06:03 PM) *

Let's start with a VW Transporter. Nothing too unusual from this angle ...

But wait ..... what's that under the back seat?

It's a 3.2 liter six!

Here's the build thread for this particular piece of cool insanity:

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-eng...double-cab.html

--DD
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(DanT @ Jun 2 2013, 07:43 PM) *

The beige and blue speedsters in the display area were both type1 dual port powered kit cars! Very nicely done.

QUOTE(dlkawashima @ Jun 2 2013, 07:12 PM) *

356:

Something fishy about that owner's manual. The 7th Parade was in 1962, or thereabout, NOT 1977. A few years before the car was built and the manual was printed .................

The Cap'n
arkitect
Sorry I couldn't make it to the swap meet. Thanks for the picts.

My daughter went and scored some parts, still looking for a rear passenger side red lens. If anyone has an extra one at a fair price let me know in a pm. thanks.

Dave
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.