Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: parts haven swap meet
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
arkitect
What date is this event? Don't want to miss it.

Dave
Cap'n Krusty
That would be JUNE 2, 2013. Despite my declaration a couple of years ago that I was retiring from the swap meet circuit, it looks like there'll be one last hurrah. Lyn and I plan to be there the afternoon before the event, and we're gonna dine at Buffalo Bill's in Hayward. Mighty fine food, good selection of excellent beverages. We hope some of you will join us!

The Cap'n
arkitect
I was afraid of that, i'll be out of town that weekend. I was hoping to sell off extra parts and maybe finding some good rear lens. sad.gif

Dave
JimN73
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Apr 20 2013, 10:03 AM) *

That would be JUNE 2, 2013. Despite my declaration a couple of years ago that I was retiring from the swap meet circuit, it looks like there'll be one last hurrah. Lyn and I plan to be there the afternoon before the event, and we're gonna dine at Buffalo Bill's in Hayward. Mighty fine food, good selection of excellent beverages. We hope some of you will join us!

The Cap'n

What time?
arkitect
I'm guessing a good time to get there would be 7am. A
lot of the good deals go to the early arrivals.

Dave
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(arkitect @ Apr 20 2013, 10:33 AM) *

I was afraid of that, i'll be out of town that weekend. I was hoping to sell off extra parts and maybe finding some good rear lens. sad.gif

Dave

I may have a pair of useable tail light lenses, Dave. Not perfect, but useable and not to embarrassing to be seen with. Cleaning and moving parts around today, and I will look. PM me later today.

The Cap'n
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(JimN73 @ Apr 20 2013, 10:56 AM) *

The Cap'n

What time?

Swap meet begins at 0700, I think. Look on the PCA LPR region website, or the Parts Heaven site. Dinner's around 7, Saturday night.

The Cap'n
JimN73
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Apr 20 2013, 12:24 PM) *

QUOTE(JimN73 @ Apr 20 2013, 10:56 AM) *

The Cap'n

What time?

Swap meet begins at 0700, I think. Look on the PCA LPR region website, or the Parts Heaven site. Dinner's around 7, Saturday night.

The Cap'n

A lot of the good stuff is gone by 7.

I meant, what time for dinner/beer?
Cap'n Krusty
Dinner around 7 works for me. Gives us a chance to visit, eat, and consume adult beverages, and we still have time for some sleep before that 0530 alarm goes off ..................

Buffalo Bill's Brewery, 1082 B St, Hayward, CA 94541

We could do a little signup list and I can make reservations. Just 5 weeks! to go!

The Cap'n
JimN73
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Apr 23 2013, 05:31 PM) *

Dinner around 7 works for me. Gives us a chance to visit, eat, and consume adult beverages, and we still have time for some sleep before that 0530 alarm goes off ..................

We could do a little signup list and I can make reservations. Just 5 weeks! to go!

The Cap'n

I'll be the first to join up
Jmedeiros
Would love to join ya'll & hopefully we'll have Lori's teener to cruise around in!!

The Cap'n

pt_700

The Cap'n

count me and possibly the wife as a possible (gotta check with her 1st...).

as a recipient of some parts and 914 mechanical trivia, i've been wanting to meet you in person.

paul
Jmedeiros

The Cap'n

You can put Lori (Smawl1) and me down for dinner.

Jim
Cap'n Krusty
Just over a week to go! I'll be making a reservation first of the week. Head count on Monday.

The Cap'n
Dave_Darling
Dinner is which day? Saturday?
Cap'n Krusty
Saturday, Dave. Hope you can join us. And not get stranded, of course ..................

The Cap'n
Mike Bellis
I think I can make it to dinner. Only 10 min away.

On a side note:

Buffalo Bill's is one of 2 restaurants that I have done electrical work at AND I will still eat there. The Brewmeister, John runs a clean ship!
Cap'n Krusty
OK. Final show of hands by Tuesday noonish. I'll call for the reservations around then. I have 6 folks responding, but I'm unclear (what's new?) as to the actual number of people. Please let me know if you're planning on bringing a guest, minder, service dog, clone, or probation officer. We're staying at the Best Western down the street a ways, and will be arriving by taxi.

The Cap'n
Krieger
Hey Cap'n. I can't go to the food shindig, but I am goin for the swap. I need one tiny part if you can remember: I need a knob with screw for the early odometer reset.
JimN73
I'm still in
1TRICK6
Is this swap meet a big event, lots of sellers?? Hate to drive up 5+ hrs from So. Cal., if only a handful of sellers.
Dave_Darling
It has been very big in the past. Less so now, but I would be surprised if there were less than about 15-20 sellers, and not at all surprised if there were quite a few more.

--DD
Jmedeiros
Count Lori & I in for dinner!

QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ May 27 2013, 07:44 AM) *

OK. Final show of hands by Tuesday noonish. I'll call for the reservations around then. I have 6 folks responding, but I'm unclear (what's new?) as to the actual number of people. Please let me know if you're planning on bringing a guest, minder, service dog, clone, or probation officer. We're staying at the Best Western down the street a ways, and will be arriving by taxi.

The Cap'n

Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(1TRICK6 @ May 27 2013, 03:18 PM) *

Is this swap meet a big event, lots of sellers?? Hate to drive up 5+ hrs from So. Cal., if only a handful of sellers.

Generally speaking, and I missed it last year, I suspect the line of sellers will be about a city block long, both sides of the street.

The Cap'n
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(Krieger @ May 27 2013, 09:18 AM) *

Hey Cap'n. I can't go to the food shindig, but I am goin for the swap. I need one tiny part if you can remember: I need a knob with screw for the early odometer reset.

I don't have that. PM Bruce Stone.

The Cap'n
MartyYeoman
Please add myself and the wife to the reservation list.
Thanks, Marty
Dave_Darling
Add me as well, if it's not too late. I don't think the wife can make it, she has another outing that probably won't be done in time for dinner.

At the swap, I'll be looking for black/white sun visors in very good condition for her car.

--DD
pneuhyde
I would like to be added for dinner too, if possible.
Steve Hansen

note,
have a 2.0 Bursch Exhaust I would like to sell,
Mike Bellis
Myself and my wife will be coming.
vw505
I will be looking for window cranks and a rear spoiler
JimN73
When we get there, do we ask for a chair at the Cap'n's table?
Cap'n Krusty
Update! They don't take reservations on Friday and Saturday nights, but the nice girl said if I were to be there about a half an hour early we'd probably be seated by 7. I'm going for it ................... And I'll give 'em "The Cap'n" as the name, so there ................ Looking forward to this!

The Cap'n
Cap'n Krusty
It's WEDNESDAY! 4 days to dinner at Buffalo Bill's!

The Cap'n
JimN73
QUOTE(pneuhyde @ May 28 2013, 01:47 PM) *

Steve Hansen

note,

Steve, where in San Leandro are you? I'm in Bay O Vista.
1TRICK6
Any locals know of a few nice & quiet hotels near the swap meet for us out of towners.
Thanks for any replies in advance.
J.
POC will be running in Fontana this Friday- Sunday. This event is suppose to have a few vendors too. FYI for those in LA. Ps. Don't stay home and think of driving at speed, come out and watch it -smile.gif. Better yet, run it.
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ May 29 2013, 06:59 AM) *

It's WEDNESDAY! 4 days to dinner at Buffalo Bill's!

The Cap'n

Looks like I'll make it. See you Saturday night.
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(1TRICK6 @ May 29 2013, 01:30 PM) *

Any locals know of a few nice & quiet hotels near the swap meet for us out of towners.
Thanks for any replies in advance.
J.

I'll be at the Holiday inn Express in Union city. $85.00, free breakfast.
Jmedeiros
I just pulled the fan impeller off yesterday and when I was cleaning it, I noticed one of the fins was missing and another is cracked so, I'll be looking for one if any of you got one! :-) Lori & I will see you at dinner!
Cap'n Krusty
We'll be at the Best Western on A street. 81 bucks plus tax, full breakfast included, although I don't think they serve it at 0 dark thirty. Close to Parts Heaven. We used to stay at the Motel 6, but it's farther away and not much cheaper.

The Cap'n
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(Jmedeiros @ May 29 2013, 08:55 PM) *

I just pulled the fan impeller off yesterday and when I was cleaning it, I noticed one of the fins was missing and another is cracked so, I'll be looking for one if any of you got one! :-) Lori & I will see you at dinner!

The last one I had, for sale for 2 years, went to Florida a month ago. Sorry. Talk to Bruce Stone.

The Cap'n
pneuhyde
QUOTE(JimN73 @ May 29 2013, 07:41 AM) *

QUOTE(pneuhyde @ May 28 2013, 01:47 PM) *

Steve Hansen

note,

Steve, where in San Leandro are you? I'm in Bay O Vista.

Jim,
Nice to know and look forward to meeting you.
I am an apartment dweller on 164th, just off of E14th. Not far off as the crow flies, but probably a whole different neighborhood chemistry smile.gif

Steve
Jmedeiros
PM sent. Thanks for the reply!!

Jim
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ May 29 2013, 10:19 PM) *

QUOTE(Jmedeiros @ May 29 2013, 08:55 PM) *

The last one I had, for sale for 2 years, went to Florida a month ago. Sorry. Talk to Bruce Stone.

The Cap'n

Cap'n Krusty
THREE days to dinner and suds!

The Cap'n
Cap'n Krusty
Tomorrow night for dinner! Hope to see a bunch of you there! For those of you who can't make dinner, look for us at the swap meet. Kinda like an "after party" for the dinner ............. White Vanagon, green EZ-up, big hat, smilin' faces, lotsa stuff I don't wanna take home!

The Cap'n
Dave_Darling
Do you still look like Wavy Gravy? wink.gif

--DD
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ May 31 2013, 10:42 AM) *

--DD

I don't think so. I didn't know who that was, so I looked him up on the 'net and I don't see any pictures that appear to resemble me, now or ever ................ I saw David Crosby the other day, and I don't look much like him anymore, either.

The Cap'n

Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ May 31 2013, 11:10 AM) *

--DD

I don't think so. I didn't know who that was, so I looked him up on the 'net and I don't see any pictures that appear to resemble me, now or ever ................ I saw David Crosby the other day, and I don't look much like him anymore, either.

The Cap'n

Maybe a much older David Crosby. av-943.gif poke.gif
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ May 31 2013, 01:57 PM) *

QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ May 31 2013, 11:10 AM) *

--DD

The Cap'n

Maybe a much older David Crosby. av-943.gif poke.gif

He looks pretty damn old. The high life'll do that to a person.

The Cap'n
Cap'n Krusty
I've been in the storage garage most of the day and I'm bringing along virtually all the remaining Porsche parts I have. Found an as-new 3 port fuel pump (tested it for running today and it purrs as it should) and a late rain tray in almost perfect condition. No cracks, no torn holes. Lots of other goodies in boxes that have been unopened for a long time, including a set of NOS 1.7 high compression pistons and cylinders. Hard to find! Boxes of 356/912 and 911 parts, too. Most of the stuff will have blow-out prices and/or make me an offer so I don't have to store it anymore. See ya there!

The Cap'n
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.