Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I'm Back!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
carr914
I bought this 914 in 07 or 08 (from hars914) in New Jersey. It was built by Rich Johnson (a914guy) a long time ago

I traded it to the guy that was working on my 914-6GT. I tried to buy it back a few times with no luck. He finally decided to sell and now it's back in the Carr Garage

Thanks to Paul (URY914) for his help, Truck & Trailer to get it back to Tampa today.

I hope this will be a Short Build as the Body work is done & it has ZERO Rust. The Full Cage & body strengthening are done. I have a 2.8 Twin-Plug 300+HP Engine ready to go in and probably have 90% of the Parts to put it together

Back in 07

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

When it was put For Sale a month or so ago

Click to view attachment

Today

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Madswede
Welcome back! popcorn[1].gif
no1uno
I knew you couldn't stay away for long. Can't wait to see the car in person, T.C. Maybe at the next Tropical Ramble?
Andyrew
Thats a great looking platform!
Mark Henry
I know where you got that from, at least Orlando wasn't too far away smile.gif
Steve
Welcome back to the fold!!
carr914
Here's the 2.8 Twin-Plug that is ready to go in! Zero Mile 300+HP

Click to view attachment
carr914
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Apr 20 2013, 05:33 PM) *

I know where you got that from, at least Orlando wasn't too far away smile.gif

But when I 1st got it in NJ, was a Heck of a Trick. Temps in the low Teens, had a Cold-Air Intake on the Truck which was forcing super cold air into the motor which then didn't want to run, pulling a trailer in the Snow & Ice! Dang!

Click to view attachment

BKLA
Post lots o pic of the build ... What color?

Trans & gearing plans?
carr914
QUOTE(scotty boy @ Apr 20 2013, 07:06 PM) *

Looks like santa_smiley.gif came early TC You can give URY a run for his money in the hp/weight category with that 2.8 what are your plans track or street?

I'm looking forward to URY & I resuming our Domination of the Local A/X Scene. He will have me on weight ( But this car is no heavyweight) & I will have the HP.

I will be doing A/X, PCA Track events and terrorizing the Neighborhood on the Street driving.gif
JmuRiz
QUOTE(carr914 @ Apr 20 2013, 02:49 PM) *

Here's the 2.8 Twin-Plug that is ready to go in! Zero Mile 300+HP

Click to view attachment

That engine sounds like a perfect match, and a lot of fun, in that car:)
URY914
URY Transport Services
The guy to call (or PM) for all your 914 trailing needs in Florida. biggrin.gif

I told T.C. that this one was about the 13-14 914 that I've had on my trailer and half of them have been his. laugh.gif

Click to view attachment

carr914
QUOTE(BKLA @ Apr 20 2013, 07:42 PM) *

Post lots o pic of the build ... What color?

Trans & gearing plans?

Trans? - the car was supposed to come with a Tranny ( of unknown origins), but I may negotiate that out and go with a known rebuilt Dr Evil 901/RennShift Combo. I like 901's and they are Cheap - if you know how to shift them, DoubleClutch, Heel&Toe, you are OK. I have tried Shorten Gears before & that is fine at A/X, but they kill me on the Track at Sebring. Will probably just live with Stock Gears.

Colors - I'm only thinking of 2;

One would be Tangerine (the car was Originally Tangerine) & a Clone of a Brumos Car - the one Paul Newman Wrecked (Bob Snodgrass & I were Good Friends). but there are a lot of Tangerine Brumos Cars (Real & Clone) out there!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Or Option 2 - Go Yellow with the Mineret/Palm Tree Theme of this 911 RSR - One of Tampa's most recognizable Features is this Building at the University of Tampa

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
carr914
QUOTE(URY914 @ Apr 20 2013, 08:43 PM) *

URY Transport Services

I told T.C. that this one was about the 13-14 914 that I've had on my trailer and half of them have been his. laugh.gif

Click to view attachment

URY Transport - When you Absolutely, Positively have to have the Best thumb3d.gif
iamchappy
"Back" you were never really Gone!
carr914
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Apr 20 2013, 09:20 PM) *

"Back" you were never really Gone!

I Know alfred.gif
Madswede
Meh. Carbureted. poke.gif

EDIT: or did I speak too soon...I don't see a fuel rail but now I think I see injectors. Hell with it, not the first time (or the last) I display my ignorance. wacko.gif
bulitt
Did you sell the 911?
sixnotfour
Carrma................................................
carr914
QUOTE(Madswede @ Apr 20 2013, 09:46 PM) *

Meh. Carbureted. poke.gif

EDIT: or did I speak too soon...I don't see a fuel rail but now I think I see injectors. Hell with it, not the first time (or the last) I display my ignorance. wacko.gif

PMO 46 Carbs

QUOTE(bulitt @ Apr 20 2013, 09:47 PM) *

Did you sell the 911?

Frustrating headbang.gif I've had so many Deals fall through (No Money, No Shows, Low-Balls, the last guy after he said was going to buy it, said he didn't like the Color)

A problem did come up with the Mileage that scared a few people off, but we came up with the Answer today. The Guages were ReBuilt 18 Years ago at 94,000, 10 Years ago the Mileage was 95,000, 8 Years ago the NM DMV Recorded the Mileage at 99,000 - the Car showed 96,500 when I bought it and shows 98,800 a Year later. What seems logical is that 8 Years ago at Registration the Car reached an age where the Odo was Exempt, they wrote in 99k and so it mis-leads everyone. Let's face it, I know the car had sat for a lot of years and runs Great and if someone was going to play Shenanigans with the Odo, they wouldn't Re-Set it back 4,000 Miles they would set it back 40,000!
URY914
QUOTE(carr914 @ Apr 20 2013, 05:49 PM) *

QUOTE(URY914 @ Apr 20 2013, 08:43 PM) *

URY Transport Services

Click to view attachment

URY Transport - When you Absolutely, Positively have to have the Best thumb3d.gif

While I was stopped at a light I had some dipshit ask me if it was a X 1/9!!! confused24.gif screwy.gif av-943.gif

Punk!

r_towle
So,
If you plan to run this in autox, along with Paul, how will you get your car there?

Does paul have a trailer that can take two cars at a time?

Rich
Scott S
I am sorry - but anyone other than a hard core concours guy that worries about mileage on an old/heavily modified car doesn't have a clue. Jeez.

Coooooooooooooooooool 914! beerchug.gif
carr914
QUOTE(r_towle @ Apr 21 2013, 01:34 PM) *

So,
If you plan to run this in autox, along with Paul, how will you get your car there?

Rich

I'll drive my car there!
r_towle
QUOTE(carr914 @ Apr 21 2013, 04:19 PM) *

So,

Rich

I'll drive my car there!

No windshield?
carr914
QUOTE(r_towle @ Apr 21 2013, 04:37 PM) *

QUOTE(carr914 @ Apr 21 2013, 04:19 PM) *

So,

Rich

I'll drive my car there!

No windshield?

It's got a Ginther Windscreen - jeez Motorcycle Riders don't have to wear Helmets down here!
carr914
Parts:

Engine - Check

Click to view attachment

Dizzy - Check

Click to view attachment

K&N Air Filters/Rain Hats - Check

Click to view attachment

Headers - Check

Click to view attachment

MegaPhones - Check

Click to view attachment

Tranny - Maybe

RennShifter - I sold my extra headbang.gif

RennShifter Linkage - Check

Clutches/Lightweight Flywheel/Pressure Plates - Check

Click to view attachment

carr914
Oil Coolers - Check

Click to view attachment

Oil Tank - Check

Click to view attachment

Fuel Cell - Check

Click to view attachment

Seat - Maybe

Belts (Hans Specific - Check

Click to view attachment

Guages- Check

Click to view attachment

Lights (Head & Fog) - Check

Click to view attachment

GT Engine Lid - Check

Click to view attachment

r_towle
All I can see wrong is that you store parts in your fridge and not beer.

Seriously, wtf is wrong with you?
carr914
QUOTE(r_towle @ Apr 21 2013, 05:29 PM) *

All I can see wrong is that you store parts in your fridge and not beer.

Seriously, wtf is wrong with you?

T-Stat went out on that Mini-Fridge & it's Storage only - I can't get rid of it, the Racing Stickers on it are worth more than the Fridge - Beer is in the other Fridge 7 Steps Away beerchug.gif
Madswede
Hoo boy. Megaphones on that, on the street... Yeah folks are gonna love you! rolleyes.gif
ellisor3
Very nice TC Maybe next year you will take a 914 to a 914 Ramble.
FourBlades

That will be a beast!

I like the palm tree and building theme.

Can't wait to see and hear it.

John
carr914
QUOTE(no1uno @ Apr 20 2013, 03:37 PM) *

I knew you couldn't stay away for long. Can't wait to see the car in person, T.C. Maybe at the next Tropical Ramble?

QUOTE(ellisor3 @ Apr 21 2013, 08:00 PM) *

Very nice TC Maybe next year you will take a 914 to a 914 Ramble.

That is one part of the Plan! Wind in my Hair (& not from jumping out of a Perfectly Good Plane!)
3d914
Awesome looking project! Keep the pics coming.
carr914
If I go Yellow, I already have the Matchbox Car to Show Off

Click to view attachment

And I have the Plate

Click to view attachment
Scott S
I think I would be money ahead to buy a plane ticket to FL if you ever had a garage sale. Wow. Cool stuff.
carr914
QUOTE(Scott S @ Apr 22 2013, 11:14 AM) *

I think I would be money ahead to buy a plane ticket to FL if you ever had a garage sale. Wow. Cool stuff.

I got rid of 90% of what I used to have. There are Members of 914World all over North America with pieces of my former Stash
gms
Brumos livery has been done (and done and done and done) I like the yellow with camel skyline idea!
Woody
Pauls trailer looks kinda heavy. blink.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(gms @ Apr 22 2013, 04:23 PM) *

Brumos livery has been done (and done and done and done) I like the yellow with camel skyline idea!

Brumos livery has been done (and done and done and done) - But it still looks awesome smile.gif
Chris H.
How about a pink pig tribute? You either love it or hate it....

Click to view attachment
porbmw
QUOTE(gms @ Apr 22 2013, 01:23 PM) *

Agreed!
And good to see you back in the saddle.
rfuerst911sc
TC my vote is yellow but I'm biased biggrin.gif Good looking chassis she will be great when done. Good luck with the build. beerchug.gif
tscrihfield
TC... Looks great!

If you need a renshifter, I know someone who may have one for sale. I'll check and get back with you if your interested. PM me.

Thomas
carr914
QUOTE(mepstein @ Apr 22 2013, 05:44 PM) *

QUOTE(gms @ Apr 22 2013, 04:23 PM) *

Brumos livery has been done (and done and done and done) - But it still looks awesome smile.gif

My Lean towards the Brumos Livery is this car was Originally Tangerine & I grew up with & was great friends with Bob Snodgrass

QUOTE(Chris H. @ Apr 22 2013, 06:04 PM) *

How about a pink pig tribute? You either love it or hate it....

Click to view attachment

Never Going to Happen - I'm really only considering the 2 Options right now

QUOTE(porbmw @ Apr 22 2013, 06:04 PM) *

QUOTE(gms @ Apr 22 2013, 01:23 PM) *

Agreed!
And good to see you back in the saddle.

Thanks Buddy - I could use some of the Uber Nice Parts I sold you poke.gif
QUOTE(tscrihfield @ Apr 22 2013, 06:29 PM) *

TC... Looks great!

If you need a renshifter, I know someone who may have one for sale. I'll check and get back with you if your interested. PM me.

Thomas

Thomas, Once I sell the 911, I will be able to purchase some things I need, but let me know as I Re-Listed the 911 on eBay

BKLA
bad ass black! ( I like the Brumos color scheme, tho biggrin.gif )
gms
I understand the significances of Brumos but I personally prefer to have a different look that sets me apart. That being said if you have 914.043.0315 or 914.043.0705 then you have to do the Brumos livery.

either way just get out there and race
URY914
QUOTE(Woody @ Apr 22 2013, 02:35 PM) *

Pauls trailer looks kinda heavy. blink.gif

You need glasses. screwy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.