The Bosch starter on my 3.0 conversion had been acting up and recently stopped engaging I believe the solenoid is shot. Ordered a IMI hi torque starter from GPR two weeks ago and installed it yesterday. The old starter I was told was a 911 starter from a turbo I believe they call it a 930X. After removal I compared the old starter to the new. In regards to the nose piece depth looked the same and they both had 9 teeth on the pinion gear. New starter was considerably smaller in overall size and lighter. Bolted right up and all the wiring reached with no issues. I did not have to " clock " the starter the way it arrived was the way I installed it. Lowered the car off the lift ( best tool ever ) and connected the battery. Turned the key and there was that seeet music of the motor turning over ! biggrin.gif So for the record if this helps anyone this is a 1978 911SC motor with stock flywheel, Kennedy Engineering ring gear adapter and a IMI starter. Oh and the previous starter was installed with conventional hex nuts and that's what I reused. Works great.