Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2 stage paint
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
scotty b
QUOTE(914itis @ May 7 2013, 04:05 AM) *

Thanks, is there a time frame to buff after wetsand?

If there isn't I would buff the entire car after correction.

I give it 24 hours. you might want to wait 48 if your not used to buffing. It is still soft enough to pull easily if you get it too hot. You can buff indefinitely, but the longer you wait, the harder it will be, flip side to that is it will be less likely get it hot enough to pull on you.
914itis
Update

After gathering everyone's professional advice, especially Scotty and Rick, I decided to reprint the whole car, it went well with the exception of one spot where I had a reaction. I took care of it and my paint now looks great! Here is a shot .
scotty b
beerchug.gif
rick 918-S
Glad it worked out for you.
914itis
Final product.
ThePaintedMan
Way to go Paul! You did it right by repainting it, and I wager you learned a lot more by doing it several times in a row... unlike myself where I only paint cars sporadically. I'm very impressed - your car looks great.

Did you get any compound on the rubber when cutting/buffing? This is something I still have yet to figure out - I don't know of a good way to get buffing compound "sling" out of rubber without messing up the rubber itself.
914itis
Thanks, a bit of patience, and yes I learned a lot , my messing up was a combination air pressure , gun settings and temp. I learned the hard way, but the end results is satisfactory.
All rubber was off with the exception of the front Wimshield. I worked slowly around it.
914itis
iPhone and glare from the hot sun today.

Scotty we should meet at that bugger place in brooklyn for lunch sometimes this weekend.

76-914
That really looks good Paul. poke.gif Is your son receiving fair compensation? No wonder you don't hesitate to sand. lol-2.gif
914itis
QUOTE(scotty boy @ May 21 2013, 10:02 PM) *

biggrin.gif I should have the car on the road by Sunday. Sent out the rotors to be milled. There is a Pelican board drive next Saturday in Ct here is a link.

Saturday Run

I would do it if your car was ready .
914itis
QUOTE(76-914 @ May 21 2013, 09:54 PM) *

That really looks good Paul. poke.gif Is your son receiving fair compensation? No wonder you don't hesitate to sand. lol-2.gif

More than fair, he has the 70 teener as compensation. And I still have to labor for him. Trying to get his car ready by his 16th b'day 9/14/13.
Andyrew
Looks great!
saigon71
Paul:

Must have been frustrating as hell going through it, but your car looks awesome!

Good work!

beerchug.gif
jimkelly
good paint video - epoxy primer, 2k primer, base coat, clear coat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuGjv75Qskk
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.