Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 930 Transmission Mounting
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Britain Smith
Does anyone have pictures of the various methods of mounting a 930 transmission in a 914? Heck, even custom mounts for 915 would work. I am trying to get some ideas for a "little" project I am working on smile.gif

-Britain
Mark Henry
Should be straight forward the 930 just has a flat pad to mount to. Install it and fab a bar to fit.
Are you mounting upside down or did you flip the diff?
Mark Henry
This is a 915 into 914 mount. Seller claims ""Lot of hours went into this getting the measurements right".
I would have stuck a dummy engine and the trans in, did some measurements and fab'ed this up in the same day, maybe another day to refine and paint it.
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Porsche-914-914-6-9...1#ht_547wt_1163

Wouldn't be any more effort to make a 930 mount....the big job would be flipping the diff shades.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ May 9 2013, 01:11 PM) *
Wouldn't be any more effort to make a 930 mount....

agree.gif

A simple "cradle" will do for both the 915 and the 930 to mount to the stock 914 location.
welder.gif
Cap'n Krusty

This is a 915 into 914 mount. Seller claims ""Lot of hours went into this getting the measurements right".
I would have stuck a dummy engine and the trans in, did some measurements and fab'ed this up in the same day, maybe another day to refine and paint it.

Wouldn't be any more effort to make a 930 mount....the big job would be flipping the diff shades.gif

"Same day"? You're too ,modest. How 'bout "before lunch"?

The Cap'n
Britain Smith
I know that it is simple, just curious to see the various solutions. I am not going to make it out of square tubing.

-Britain
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ May 9 2013, 04:44 PM) *

"Same day"? You're too ,modest. How 'bout "before lunch"?

The Cap'n

Some of us are not as old and slow as you Cap'n.

Really, yes I'm talking well equipped shop and we're only talking about the mount here, nothing was ever said about the all the other bits (ie. linkage, mount for the engine, etc) to make this work...just the trans mount.

Assuming were only talking about this part of the whole job, if a fab guy cant pick up off of this and add a few bits of tube in short order I'd find a different fab guy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.