Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sand blaster
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Harpo
Where can I pick up a good sandblaster? Any experience with Harbor freight or Eastwoods?

Thanks

David
gms
QUOTE(Harpo @ May 9 2013, 05:41 PM) *

Where can I pick up a good sandblaster? Any experience with Harbor freight or Eastwoods?

Thanks

David

If you are referring to the cabinet it is a good deal, if you are asking about the gun...it is cheap and work OK
Harpo
No I'm looking for a 100 lb sand blast unit. I want to do some sand blasting on my car.

Thanks

David
VaccaRabite
The Eastwoods and HF units are the same units.
I bought on of the HF units and it worked for 5 minutes before part of the tank blew apart.

Zach
okieflyr
I've been using a HF unit and it works "ok". These are very sensitive to any moisture (you'll need good cooling and line dryer) in the line from the compressor and will start to make the media clump and clog inside the tank. As the moisture builds I have to shake the tank to get dry media to feed into the petcock for resumed operation.
cary
Take a look at TP Tools.
Cap'n Krusty
I'd think LONG and HARD before attempting to sandblast a car. Positives: Takes paint off. Negatives: Warps sheet metal, sand gets into places from which you never seem to be able to get it out, makes a huge mess. Maybe more, but I'm tired and can't think of anything right now.

The Cap'n
jimkelly
check this out

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...p;hl=sand+blast

jim
Eric_Shea
If it's an entire car. Pay someone. It will be cheaper than the unit and the new compressor you'll need to run it properly.
McMark
If it's an entire car. Pay someone. It will be cheaper than the unit and the new compressor you'll need to run it properly.

agree.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.