Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gasket Sealer for EFI Components
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Nozzle
I'm in the process checking the stock D-jet system for leaks to solve an uneven idle problem. Well from the looks of it I'm not the first owner/mechanic to deal with this issue on the car as every gasket I've come across is slathered on both sides with some kind of orange gasket sealer.

My question is should I be reapplying this gasket sealer with the new gaskets I'm using?

Thanks,

John
McMark
Absolutely not.
VaccaRabite
Make sure you clean ALL the old sealer off or it will never fully seal.

Zach
Nozzle
Thanks for the replies guys. I thought the answer was no but wanted to make sure. smile.gif
JeffBowlsby
Using the orange silicone is not recommended.

The vacuum hoses are 1mm undersize of their nipple and will shrink/conform to the nipple to be airtight, to the point they are hard to get off. Unless they are old or have been loosened many times, when they become not airtight and then need to be replaced. I have used a thin film of sealant on the interface of old hoses to their nipples in a pinch, but old hoses really need to be replaced for them to function as they were designed.

I have also experienced leaks at the intake runners to head interface and use the spray on copper gasket on both surfaces, it works well and gets them airtight first time and permanently. Bontempi does this too...who I give credit to for the idea.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.