Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wire Help!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Bryan
Any idea where this broken wire goes? It is a white wire that appears to attach to the coil. If so, is it on the + or - side?

Obviously I will repair and re-connect once I find out where to put it....

Maybe this may be part of my poor running engine problem???

Click to view attachment
JeffBowlsby
Year of car? Engine size? Which harness does this come out of? It almost looks like the thermoswitch wire, connects to the sensor on the air plenum bracket just above the case.
SLITS
More than likely it is the power to the AAR. It will connect to a red wire from the AAR.

Turn the key on and see if you have constant 12 VDC at the connector. If so, that's what it is.

If not, it is what Jeff said.
914Bryan
Sorry, '74 2.0 Djet. Loom connects to the side of the distributor at the vaccum advance, and then dissapears under the throttle body plate. Cant see where it goes from there.
SLITS
If it were the AAR feed it would be part of the engine harness ... 12 pin connector at the relay board.

If it were the thermotime switch it would be part of the FI harness - 4 pin white connector at the relay board.
914Bryan
I think the wire was for the thermoswitch sensor. I found it nearby with no wire attached. Everything else was hooked up that I could tell.

I have no idea what a thermoswitch is or what it does, but I spliced a new wire in and connected it.

If anyone could explain what it is for, that would be great!

Thanks for the help!

Bryan
type47
QUOTE(914Bryan @ May 10 2013, 03:23 PM) *

I have no idea what a thermoswitch is or what it does, ...If anyone could explain what it is for, that would be great!

I just looked in the workshop manual and a thermoswitch is present in both D-Jet and L-Jet FI systems and controls the cold start injector. When cold enough (many 914'ers in warm climates post that they don't have CSV (injector) or Thermoswitch) it causes the cold start injector to inject extra fuel to assist in running until engine warms up (there is a thermotime switch in there also)...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.