Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DISTRIBUTOR QUESTION
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
72914S
Dumb Question #914 ... (There have been others)
I see all the talk about 009 & 050 distributor, what is the stock distributor in a `73 2.0 ? wacko.gif
jwalters
the advance curve
jwalters
oh yea--if there is a vacuum can on it---it is NOT a 009 model most likely an 050--
Dave_Darling
The stock distributor on a 914 would be one of the "205" family of distributors. The 1.7 (and 2.0) with D-jetronic fuel injection would have a second set of "trigger points" in the bottom of the distributor, with a three-wire plug down at the front part of the distributor. Only a few D-jet-specific distributors will acutally work the D-jet system (without real electronic heroics), so if you have working D-jet EFI you have a stock distributor or close enough.

The 1.8 914s used L-jetronic EFI (in the US at least!) and had a version of the 205 distributor with the vacuum gizmo ("dashpot"), but without the FI trigger points.

The 050 and 009 are centrifugal-only distributors that are used in some carb conversions. They have no vacuum cannister.

--DD
72914S
Thanks guys. I`m thinking of installing an Crane electronic ignition system and was confused as to which model I needed. They only talk about the 009 or the 050,so now I`m still confused
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.