Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MOMO Steering Wheel Adaptor - Splines
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
carr914
Got a Problem - I ordered a MOMO Steering Wheel & Adaptor for my 72 914 and the Adaptor doesn't fit! headbang.gif

I know that the 70 & 71s have a different spline count & my 72 is not an early car.

Could I have a Bad Adaptor ( it is the Correct MOMO #)? Anybody else experience this?

Click to view attachment
wndsnd
Click to view attachmentThat is the one that I ordered for my 1973 and it fits fine.

Label says fits 1972-1976

Click to view attachment
carr914
If you look at the picture of my Adaptor, some of the Splines have a Sharp V-Shaped Edge & some are squared off - wondering if I got a Bad Casting or ?
wndsnd
Someone could have mangled it on the wrong car and returned it, where it was resold.

Is it too late to return? I have to say mine goes on smoothly.
carr914
QUOTE(wndsnd @ May 22 2013, 09:17 AM) *

Someone could have mangled it on the wrong car and returned it, where it was resold.

Is it too late to return? I have to say mine goes on smoothly.

I can return it (but have to pay the Shipping). I have an oddball aftermarket steering wheel/adaptor & it goes on smoothly.
d914
Spacer adapters are cheap,, if you have a hub look for one of those
carr914
QUOTE(d914 @ May 22 2013, 10:55 AM) *

Spacer adapters are cheap,, if you have a hub look for one of those

The Problem is the MOMO Hub - I'm going to take it over to URY's on Saturday to see if it fits his 73 - Maybe my Steering Shaft has been changed out confused24.gif
carr914
Well, I confirmed I have a Bad Hub - I went by URY's and it didn't fit his 73.

So Monday it goes back to the Vendor & I'll try another one

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.