Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Night and day difference
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
loco914
New transmission mounts and clutch cable installed tonight. Amazing how much better it shifts. driving.gif Old mounts were badly cracked, replaced with stock mounts from Zim's. Worst part about the clutch cable was cramming myself under the dash to remove and reattach the clevis fork. Not a good time for a shoulder cramp! No matter how quickly you try to sit up, the steering wheel will not move.... blink.gif
TravisNeff
Its amazing what the little things can do!
914Sixer
Be sure and check your engine mounts, chances are they are not in good shape. They both seem to seem to fail about the same time.
914Sixer
Be sure and check your engine mounts, chances are they are not in good shape. They both seem to seem to fail about the same time.
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(loco914 @ May 24 2013, 10:44 PM) *

New transmission mounts and clutch cable installed tonight. Amazing how much better it shifts. driving.gif Old mounts were badly cracked, replaced with stock mounts from Zim's. Worst part about the clutch cable was cramming myself under the dash to remove and reattach the clevis fork. Not a good time for a shoulder cramp! No matter how quickly you try to sit up, the steering wheel will not move.... blink.gif

I always remove the drivers seat and the steering wheel when I do that job. Takes a little longer but no shoulder cramps. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.