Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Attention WI-IL-IN-MI-OH 914World 6th Annual BBQ, August 10th 2013
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
GaroldShaffer
It's offical!

The 6th Annual NorthWest Indiana 914 BBQ will be held on August 10th 2013. So save the day!

Because of my employment situation we are asking if possible to please bring side dish to share. We will have the big ice tray cooler so we can keep cold food cold.

Menu will include, but not limited to:

Burgers, Brats, Dogs
Soda, Water, Ice tea, and Coffee BYOB if you want anything else.

You don't need a 914 to come. We have plenty of room. I have chairs, but its a good idea to bring your own.

Doors open 10:30am central, that's 11:30am for eastern time guys shades.gif

My address:

Garold Shaffer
6852 Prairie Run Ave
Portage In 46368
219-730-9205 (cell)

Location is my house in Portage Indiana just off the Indiana Toll road (Portage exit) and I-94 (exit 19).

Directions:
From I94 take Exit 19 (Portage / Port of Indiana) south to 1st stop light (Rt 20). Turn left (east) on RT 20 to first stop light, aprrox 1 mile (sameulson road). Turn Right (south) on Sameulson rd. Go to 3rd stop sign (central ave) and turn left (east) on Central Ave. My subdivison is on the left about 1/8 mile called Prairie Run. Turn in and stay left, we are 5th house on left. You will see my 914(s) in the drive. Don't worry about parking in my drive, all 914s mark their spots and I have cleaner.

I will put out a few signs with 914 & arrows on them once you get to central ave to help direct you on your way.

Location is my house in Portage Indiana just off the Indiana Tool road (Portage exit) and I-94 (exit 19).
tscrihfield
I'm going to try to make it this year! Is it okay if I show in something other than a 914?

Thomas
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(tscrihfield @ May 26 2013, 10:11 AM) *

I'm going to try to make it this year! Is it okay if I show in something other than a 914?

Thomas

Of course. Doesn't matter that you bring a 914 or not, just show up and meet some other 914 nuts. biggrin.gif
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

Glad anything is O.K. !!! I will show up accompanied by walker ! I guess if I had

to crawl there I'd do that. Lets have all the Mid Westerners support this.

Looking forward to this Barber Dave Dave Kimple4
GeorgeRud
piratenanner.gif

Sounds Great! It's on my calendar.
Bartlett 914
Count me in!
Razorbobsr
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ May 26 2013, 10:04 AM) *

It's offical!

The 6th Annual NorthWest Indiana 914 BBQ will be held on August 10th 2013. So save the day!

Because of my employment situation we are asking if possible to please bring side dish to share. We will have the big ice tray cooler so we can keep cold food cold.

Menu will include, but not limited to:

Burgers, Brats, Dogs
Soda, Water, Ice tea, and Coffee BYOB if you want anything else.

You don't need a 914 to come. We have plenty of room. I have chairs, but its a good idea to bring your own.

Doors open 10:30am central, that's 11:30am for eastern time guys shades.gif

To far out for me to say for sure BUT I would like to come if nothing here is on fire! Do you think any buyers will show up, I would still like to sell my car. Bob
My address:

Garold Shaffer
6852 Prairie Run Ave
Portage In 46368
219-730-9205 (cell)

Location is my house in Portage Indiana just off the Indiana Toll road (Portage exit) and I-94 (exit 19).

Directions:
From I94 take Exit 19 (Portage / Port of Indiana) south to 1st stop light (Rt 20). Turn left (east) on RT 20 to first stop light, aprrox 1 mile (sameulson road). Turn Right (south) on Sameulson rd. Go to 3rd stop sign (central ave) and turn left (east) on Central Ave. My subdivison is on the left about 1/8 mile called Prairie Run. Turn in and stay left, we are 5th house on left. You will see my 914(s) in the drive. Don't worry about parking in my drive, all 914s mark their spots and I have cleaner.

I will put out a few signs with 914 & arrows on them once you get to central ave to help direct you on your way.

Location is my house in Portage Indiana just off the Indiana Tool road (Portage exit) and I-94 (exit 19).

gms
I should be able to make it, there are no races on August 10th!
mburkhart
I'll be there!
GaroldShaffer
icon_bump.gif to page 1
GaroldShaffer
icon_bump.gif
jmill
I'm going to try and make it this year. I need some motivation to get going on my project again.
jfort
I think I am going to try to make it, too. First time. Need a road trip and the 914 is running good right now.
GaroldShaffer
icon_bump.gif to the top.
GeorgeRud
It should be a great event once again. At last week's Porsche Parade, there were over 800 cars, but only a handful of 914s. Should have a greater turnout at the BBQ!
GaroldShaffer
icon_bump.gif to page one and hey admins how do I get this topic highlighted? beerchug.gif
timothy_nd28
I'll be there. Thanks Garold for doing this.
GeorgeRud
icon_bump.gif

since all the other gatherings are staying current.
hot_shoe914
I would love to make this, but 9 hours in the August heat in a 914 could be just a tad warm. Plus I am already going to SCCA Solo Nationals a couple weeks later, then on to RRC in Durango. I will think about it but doesn't look promising. confused24.gif
Chris H.
I'll try to make it...the 914 might not be ready...
synackack
Hmmmmmmm. I'm going to be at Mid Ohio for a PDX and race.

Only 4 hours away...

I wonder how many times I would have to fill the tank on the 914?
pnewman
I am Currently scheduled to be on shift but will try to trade it off.
I can't imagine missing it.

smile.gif Peace and Happiness biggrin.gif
Mike Fitton
I am planning on being there, I enjoyed it last year.
pnewman
I was able to get out of work that Saturday! biggrin.gif
piratenanner.gif I am in! piratenanner.gif

Any one heading from North or Northwest want to hook up and drive in together send me a PM.

Quite a hoot last year when 3 914's were spotted zipping to the BBQ together. Turned a lot of heads and many thumbs up on the way down. aktion035.gif

Twas a good time.

Pete
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(pnewman @ Jul 17 2013, 03:43 PM) *

I was able to get out of work that Saturday! biggrin.gif
piratenanner.gif I am in! piratenanner.gif

Any one heading from North or Northwest want to hook up and drive in together send me a PM.

Quite a hoot last year when 3 914's were spotted zipping to the BBQ together. Turned a lot of heads and many thumbs up on the way down. aktion035.gif

Twas a good time.

Pete

aktion035.gif
GaroldShaffer
icon_bump.gif just a few weeks away.
GeorgeRud
party.gif

Two weeks away!
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Jul 27 2013, 06:20 PM) *

party.gif

Two weeks away!

Woop Woop aktion035.gif
bla8310
I have mostly been a lurker, but now have my 73 2.0 running pretty well. I am in the western suburbs of Chicago and would love to drive down. If welcome, what should we bring?

Brad
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(bla8310 @ Jul 31 2013, 04:19 PM) *

I have mostly been a lurker, but now have my 73 2.0 running pretty well. I am in the western suburbs of Chicago and would love to drive down. If welcome, what should we bring?

Brad

Brad we would love to have you come. Really just bring a lawn chair if you can fit it your car. Maybe a 6 pack of soda to throw in the cooler to share. confused24.gif beerchug.gif
bla8310
Thank you.

I will see there.

Brad
GaroldShaffer
icon_bump.gif to page one.

Also wanted to say that if you have any parts you are looking to sell bring them along. We can have a little impromptu swapmeet. shades.gif As always I have stuff here and will have some of mom's service covers available for a discounted price of $60.

Keep your fingers crossed for good weather.

chowtime.gif beer3.gif smash.gif driving.gif driving-girl.gif aktion035.gif
69telecaster
Dang it! That's my birthday, and my wife has made other plans. Otherwise, it would only be a question of which to drive.
I'll watch for next year's.

cm
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(69telecaster @ Aug 3 2013, 01:06 PM) *

Dang it! That's my birthday, and my wife has made other plans. Otherwise, it would only be a question of which to drive.
I'll watch for next year's.

cm

birthday3.gif we could have cake here for you. biggrin.gif
GaroldShaffer
Final countdown begins.......................5 days........... drunk.gif chowtime.gif driving.gif smash.gif w00t.gif
GeorgeRud
What do want folks to bring? Sides? drinks? Cash Donations?
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Aug 5 2013, 08:58 AM) *

Side dish to share or drinks. We have that big enclosed ICE table that we used last year so cold stuff can stay cold. To be honest it really doesn't matter. If you really want to do a cash donation that is fine, but not necessary. Any money collected above the cost for the food we provide will be donated to the local food pantry.
Bartlett 914
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Aug 5 2013, 10:13 AM) *

QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Aug 5 2013, 08:58 AM) *

Any money collected above the cost for the food we provide will be donated to the local food pantry.

Or maybe you should stash it for the next years BBQ!

pnewman
I love that cooler table!
Flippin' genius!

I will bring a couple of chairs.

Mike and I plan on meeting on 94 North of Chicago and head South from there if anyone wants to join us. All are welcome. driving.gif

...also it looks like perfect weather too!

Peace and Happiness sunglasses.gif
GaroldShaffer
cheer.gif 2 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! jsharp.gif chowtime.gif party.gif beerchug.gif
GeorgeRud
What time do you want folks to start coming by?
GaroldShaffer
Grill will be fired up around 10:30ish so anytime after that.
jfort
Looking forward to it! Going to take Rt. 30 across Indiana instead of the turnpike.
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(jfort @ Aug 9 2013, 11:38 AM) *

Looking forward to it! Going to take Rt. 30 across Indiana instead of the turnpike.

aktion035.gif

One more day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! chowtime.gif beer3.gif
GaroldShaffer
piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif boldblue.gif WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!! Today is the day. Great weather, good food and some old and hopefully new 914 friends. Be safe to all that are making the drive today.

boldblue.gif aktion035.gif beer3.gif chowtime.gif driving.gif driving-girl.gif w00t.gif chatsmiley.gif party.gif
69telecaster
Hope everybody has a fun, but safe, time.
I'll try for next year.

cm
orthobiz
Post a lot of pics during the day! I so wanted to come but obligations got in the way...

Paul
orthobiz
BTW, I'm looking to buy a driver, so if you know of one, drop me a line.

Paul
timothy_nd28
piratenanner.gif Click to view attachment
rnellums
Holy Cannoli thats cool.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.