Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Parts wanted (fubar'd for R&D)(local)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
I need one or a few for testing out how to modify my engine for the best head to cylinder sealing.

My plan is to machine a step in the top of the cylinder and a matching step in the head.

Cracked, rusted, big holes,........it shouldn't matter

Thanks

SF Bay Area
Brad Roberts
I have everything you need.

I'll load it tonight and show you what TechCraft does for cylinder sealing on the Type4's (tomorrow)

B
Mueller
Cool, I was going to call you, but I figured I'd ask you at lunch tommorow.

Want to see if Tony C wants to join us?

I'm outta here, time to sit in traffic for an hour + sad.gif
Brad Roberts
Yeah.. ask him. I have a electric bill for him also..

B
Jeff Krieger
QUOTE(Mueller @ May 20 2003, 05:42 PM)
I need one or a few for testing out how to modify my engine for the best head to cylinder sealing.

My plan is to machine a step in the top of the cylinder and a matching step in the head.

Cracked, rusted, big holes,........it shouldn't matter

Thanks

SF Bay Area

Add OHCs to the head while you're at it. How did the late-model, air-cooled 911 heads seal with their cylinders?
meursault
I think anything later than an early 2.0 liter six used grooves machined into the cylinders to accept a crushable metal gasket.
Tony C
B are you coming down to the southbay or is lunch up there. If its up there I can't make it. I am leaving at 3 for the track with a car in tow.

-Tony
Mueller
Tony, he is going to be down in our area.....

Got those parts for me to look at?
(oil manifold??)
jonwatts
Our area? And no one invited me? I must smell bad or something. blink.gif
Scott Carlberg
Lunch with other Teeners?

I own a 914, and I LOVE having LUNCH.

Is this an open event, or by invitation only??

When & Where???
Tony C
Mike, Yes I do have the manifold. Anyone is welcome to come to lunch. Shall we meet at my shop at 11:30-12pm? The address is: 1755 Houret ct, Milpitas CA, 95035. It is right off 880 and Montague Exp.

-Tony
jonwatts
Well, since I just got in to work at 12:30 I guess I might not make lunch laugh.gif

Next time most definitely.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.