Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine Rebuild
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
d7n7master
H All,
Ready to install the accessories on my rebuilt longblock. And I'm wondering, is there a torque spec that I should follow - determined by fastener size??? Like M6=X inch pounds / foot pounds, M8=, etc?
Or are there exceptions to the rule...??? w00t.gif blink.gif
Like say, ohhh - the oil cooler fastener torque??? I just bought a new torque wench - I mean wrench & I wanna use it smile.gif mueba.gif
And, of course - then there's to loctite or not to loctite??? That's another question. What to loctite... I've got a new bottle of "red" & I'm not afraid to use it!!! idea.gif
Any other exceptions / tips / stuff I should be aware of???
BTW - I hate oil leaks!
Thanks, Gary
d7n7master
icon_bump.gif
Thanks, Gary
skline
I have found that if you dont put oil in it, it doesnt leak at all. biggrin.gif

On another note, When you refer to accessories, you mean like fan shroud and stuff? I usually just put it together and tighten it up till I think the bolt is about to break off and then leave it. I check everything after about 100, then 500 miles to make sure everything is still tight. I never had a problem.
d7n7master
Now there's a thought... cool.gif beerchug.gif
But seriously folks - I'm taking my time, using my torque wrench, checkin' it twice.
I'm mostly concerned with the oil cooler fastener torque. I haven't found a specific torque call-out in the book. I don't want to over-torque & possibly crack the cooler.
Help me!!! pray.gif pray.gif lol2.gif
Deano
I looked in my books and found nothing. Since you are tightening into the aluminum case, I would tighten them about the same as other bolts going into aluminum. 14-21 ft/lbs.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.