Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: well i dug the car out of a house full
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scotty914
i got motivated to start working on my car again, a year and a half later. but its amazing how much stuff piles up, esp when you house burns down and you have store everything you own. believe it or not it was running when i drove it in. now with a suby engine bolted to tranny, no engine bar. i got something done i can get to all sides and its on jack stands again smilie_pokal.gif , it was sitting on its wheels.
this is how i found it wacko.gif
scotty914
this is now... full access
scotty914
now for the suggestion part

the throttle body is 1 inch away from the truck springs, i know i have to remove them. but i need an air filter and maf sensor in there too. i was thinking of either cutting a flexable tube in to the trunk and putting the maf and air filter there, now i am thing about making a 45 degree wedge to turn the throttle body 45 degrees to the passenger side then another 45 to the maf and air fliter. i dont have enought room to put a full 90 on the throttle body and i would like to keep the turns more sweep and not that tight.
qa1142
Little every day and I till turn heads again!
scotty914
and as i stated before i plan on mounting the rad in front of the motor. i dont want to lose the front trunk, and it will fit. i will build a scoop undernieth to push air to the rad at speed.

also one last favor can somebody please go measure from the top of their tranny to the trunk floor so i can figure out motor height.

tia

pic is front of motor to fire wall
Brad Roberts
Scott,

I'm *pretty* sure that everyone os flipping the intake around on the heads so the throttlw body is facing forward.

Glad you made some progress. It helps to do a little bit here and there to get re-motivated.

B
rick 918-S
Keep going man! clap56.gif
scotty914
sorry brad, but the intake cant be turned around. the alt is top center, as it is now the intake manifold bows around the ac compressor ( some day ).

the flipped manifold you have heard of is the water pipes for use in a vanagon, since the motor is backwards

heres the best pic i have to show the top of the motor
Brad Roberts
Hum.. I *thought* the guy's with the Turbo Scuby motors where flipping the intake..

OH WAIT.. that is the Boxster conversion guys flipping the 996 intake...LOL

B
redshift
Scott... don't put your radiator in front of the motor.

Ok, now, let's figure out where it can go...

smile.gif

M
scotty914
well miles when i saw you responded i paniced

and one to more serious stuff ( till more smart bootyshake.gif comments 3...2...1 ) where else should i put it

oh miles' bootyshake.gif
redshift
Good Lord.. your ass looks like mikez's..

You have to get the air moving through that thing, and the air pressure up under that hole is going to go vertical.. have you seen a vented trunk, or bumper?

You need to duct away about 2-3x the airflow you need.. as a rule of dumb.

914 rear ends want to fly at around 120-130mph... anyone know what the difference in the engine tin not being there is?

M
scotty914
i am going to seal it up around the top and sides. and a scoop that will stick down 2 inches and will be about 5 by 30 when you look up from underneith

something likes this, dots are for spacing only

x's are the rad <---- front | is the fire wall
.....___
....|....X
....|....X
....|....X
__|....X floor pan height here __
........./
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.