Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: For those that purchased the GB tuna can. Solved, thanks for the help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dfelz
The female bolt wouldnt fit through the bottom hole of the part with the dome mesh screen on it so i am assuming that it does not go back on with this set up, would like to know for sure though. And then does the other cylindrical part goes as i have it oriented???

Thanks for the help!! beerchug.gif

sorry for the smaller photo, accidentally hit small size when uploading to photobucket from iphone.
IPB Image
ChrisFoley
Open up the hole in the center of the screen if you want to use it.
The sleeve goes as you show it.
Use an adhesive sealant such as Motoseal or Yamabond to secure and seal the extension onto the pickup tube.
It should go on about 80-120 thousandths for best results.
dfelz
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Jun 4 2013, 05:33 AM) *

Open up the hole in the center of the screen if you want to use it.
The sleeve goes as you show it.
Use an adhesive sealant such as Motoseal or Yamabond to secure and seal the extension onto the pickup tube.
It should go on about 80-120 thousandths for best results.

Thanks for the reply Chris, but am a little confused since i dont know all the part names. For clarity, is the extension the the "goldish" part i refered to as the female bolt? and what is the pick up tube? Also, when you say go on about 80-120 thou, do you mean the sealant should go along the pickup tube in a 80-120 thou line from the edge?? Do you happen to have any pictures, even if its just of the pickup tube or something so i can get on the same page as you.

thanks!
914werke
check out the original group buy thread I posted some pics that will clear up any confusion.
dfelz
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Jun 5 2013, 12:01 PM) *

check out the original group buy thread I posted some pics that will clear up any confusion.

Oh perfect! thanks
jim_hoyland
I'm a little confused by the 80-120 thousandth part; confused24.gif
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jun 6 2013, 09:44 AM) *

I'm a little confused by the 80-120 thousandth part; confused24.gif

That's about how far to slide the pickup extension onto the stock pickup tube.
Any more and it will be too high, any less and it might come loose too easily.
An adhesive sealant is required at that connection or the pickup will draw some air and oil pressure will be unreliable.
jim_hoyland
Thanks, I assume that the overlap is really short ?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.