Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hand brake ground connector on lever
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914itis
Does anyone have a picture of where the wire connector for the handbrake light attaches.

I can't seem to locate it with the seat bolted.
SirAndy
QUOTE(914itis @ Jun 4 2013, 07:51 PM) *
Does anyone have a picture of where the wire connector for the handbrake light attaches.

The switch is in a recess in the little cross-member that runs along in front of the seat.

When the lever is down it presses on the switch knob opening the circuit.
When the lever is up, the switch closes to ground.

The switch is basically the same type as the ones in the door jambs for the interior light.

shades.gif
914itis
Hm, I don't remember seeing a switch there, maybe mine is missing. Do i have to remove the seat or the handle to add a switch?

Thanks
mepstein
QUOTE(914itis @ Jun 5 2013, 12:38 AM) *

Hm, I don't remember seeing a switch there, maybe mine is missing. Do i have to remove the seat or the handle to add a switch?

Thanks

Take out the seat and the carpet along the long. The switch fits in a small square hole in the crossmember, under the e-brake lever, right next to the long. just a single wire to the switch.
PanelBilly
Pull the seat out. It's easy. Slide a long screw driver in between the seat rail and the seat frame. One of the sides has a spring plate retainer that keeps the seat from sliding off then just pull the seat coward and it slips off the frame. You'll find lots of goodies down there.
Cap'n Krusty
"Screwdriver"? You can pull the seat forward until it stops, push it back a touch, and put your finger under there, pushing up on the flat spring that stops the forward movement. Then pull the seat all the way out.

The Cap'n
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.