Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone know of a 911 to 930 CV adapter
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mike Bellis
I can here my 944 CV's clicking due to the extreem angle. The Boxster/Audi transaxle flanges sit forward of the trailing arm position. I think I need to swap to a 930 CV but they won't fit in the trailing arm.

Anyone ever built or bought a spacer/adapter to go from 911 bolt pattern to 930 bolt pattern?
okieflyr
I'd be curious as to what angles your working at for comparison. I've been using 944 cv's and no problem thus far with 5-6k miles. I did have to make adapters for the trans flanges and to equalize the axle lengths. This did shorten the axle lengths and increase the working angles, but there are a mix or compound of angles that I'm not sure now to read accurately.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

pcar916
The 930's are 108mm right? I ran them for years in my trailing arms bolted up to a 108mm stub axle. No problems. The 930 certainly has a bigger drive angle... eats up horsepower though at those deflections. Someone may have done some testing at some point to see how much.

Inverting a 915/930 transaxle will produce some extreme angles too. Haven't tried that yet with my 944 CV's either.
strawman
I've got a pair of 930 CVs you can have. You gonna be in SLO anytime soon?
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(strawman @ Jun 7 2013, 11:26 PM) *

Friday 6-14
Mike Bellis
I'm looking for something like this... It is an adapter made for an Audi 016 transaxle (100mm) for 930 CV's (108mm). I emailed the blogger but it got kicked back... sad.gif

IPB Image
Krieger
FWIW some early 911s (maybe 69?) used a 108mm cv joint that fit our rear wheel bearings. It also had four bolts and two pins, but you say they don't fit pcar says they do..
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(Krieger @ Jun 8 2013, 07:15 AM) *

FWIW some early 911s (maybe 69?) used a 108mm cv joint that fit our rear wheel bearings. It also had four bolts and two pins, but you say they don't fit pcar says they do..

Maybe they fit. Just looks tight! I would still need an adapter for the tranny side. 930 CV's use 6 bolts so I guess I would have to machine the pin holes if I use the Porsche stubs.
pcar916
They fit. You just have to use the a 930 stub-axle. For the trans-flange use an adapter there. You can use sway-a-way axles, modified 914-6 axles, or 911 axles with a spacer to make them long enough. They're way heavy though... can'r remember exactly but at least 5 lbs per axle heavier than the 944 setup. It's true they have 4 M10 bolts and two roll-pins.
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(pcar916 @ Jun 8 2013, 08:17 AM) *

They fit. You just have to use the a 930 stub-axle. For the trans-flange use an adapter there. You can use sway-a-way axles, modified 914-6 axles, or 911 axles with a spacer to make them long enough. They're way heavy though... can'r remember exactly but at least 5 lbs per axle heavier than the 944 setup. It's true they have 4 M10 bolts and two roll-pins.

Is this what I'm looking for?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EXCELLENT-USED-ORI...b52&vxp=mtr
pcar916
That looks like the animal. The splines match early hubs. Those hubs work on any number of rotors from 914-6 to SC, with different spacing for the caliper/rotor offset.

I haven't bought any of these stub-axles in well... nearly forever, so I don't have a feel for the pricing. Some folks here may have some used ones as well, I'd place a WTB in the Buy/Sell section.

Good luck
TurboWalt
Mike,

Check with Scott at advancedautomotion 720-443-2771. If anybody would have the adapters he would.
strawman
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Jun 7 2013, 11:36 PM) *

Friday 6-14

I'll leave 'em in a box on the garage side of the house by the recycling bin in case I'm not around when you stop by.
Geoff
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(strawman @ Jun 9 2013, 12:07 PM) *

QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Jun 7 2013, 11:36 PM) *

Friday 6-14

I'll leave 'em in a box on the garage side of the house by the recycling bin in case I'm not around when you stop by.
Geoff

Thanks Geoff!!!! I will be leaving town around 1pm or 2pm. Most likely you will be at work. My Nephew graduates from Grizzly Academy on Friday! With a 4.0 GPA I might add. I'm very proud of him! smile.gif
PRS914-6
The 108's will fit fine, I am using them in a stock arm.

They will have four 10mm bolts with two roll pins

You can buy both tranny and drive flange in this pattern and the Sway-Away axles are an excellent upgrade that simplifies installation without adapters.

If you go this route don't buy the early drive flanges but instead get the later 911 hub-centric flanges. (requires 5mm bearing spacer)

This is all assuming you are going to go 5 lug.....
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(PRS914-6 @ Jun 9 2013, 06:28 PM) *

The 108's will fit fine, I am using them in a stock arm.

They will have four 10mm bolts with two roll pins

You can buy both tranny and drive flange in this pattern and the Sway-Away axles are an excellent upgrade that simplifies installation without adapters.

If you go this route don't buy the early drive flanges but instead get the later 911 hub-centric flanges. (requires 5mm bearing spacer)

This is all assuming you are going to go 5 lug.....

Very cool!

I am running an Audi tranny so I have to have adapters there. I already have a 5 lug with 930 calipers and brakes. Looks like I need stub axles. I found a place that sells the adapter I need. Looks like it will all come together...

Who sells a 5mm spacer?
PRS914-6
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Jun 9 2013, 05:43 PM) *

Who sells a 5mm spacer?

I think I have an extra set ($25.00) PM me if interested
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.