Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anybody tried this?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bob L.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ignition-Lock-Cyli...9e8&vxp=mtr

Says it's "Hella" Does it really fit? Work well?
Cap'n Krusty
May work for later cars, won't work for early cars. What year's yours?

The Cap'n
TheCabinetmaker
Don't know if it's the same part # as mine, but it fits and works in a late model.
914Sixer
Try Autohausaz.com. Look up the VW Beetle and the year. Same Hella lock $18.88. Why overpay??
Bob L.
Good responses, thanks. Mine's a '73. so I guess that is late?
I have the problem where turning the key in the ignition doesn't turn the electric switch far enough to connect the starter circuit.
This might be a nice fix.
7TPorsh
Is there a good source for a 1970 car?
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(Bob L. @ Jun 8 2013, 08:06 AM) *

I have the problem where turning the key in the ignition doesn't turn the electric switch far enough to connect the starter circuit.

If those are the symptoms, that key and tumbler isn't gonna fix it. You need a new ignition switch.

The Cap'n

Bob L.
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Jun 10 2013, 02:27 PM) *

QUOTE(Bob L. @ Jun 8 2013, 08:06 AM) *

If those are the symptoms, that key and tumbler isn't gonna fix it. You need a new ignition switch.

The Cap'n

I have a new one installed. I noticed the prong that engages the electric portion is twisted a little bit backward. Therefore it wont turn the electric switch far enough to make contact.
I have a feeling that others out there have the same issue but are looking at the wrong part. Not all, but some.
TheCabinetmaker
By late model, I mean 75/76.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.