Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Protective Cap for Oil Pressure Switch
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
74914LE
Anyone know where to get the Protective Cap for the Oil Pressure Switch? It is #64 in the picture below.
ThePaintedMan
QUOTE(74914LE @ Jun 10 2013, 09:44 PM) *

Anyone know where to get the Protective Cap for the Oil Pressure Switch? It is #64 in the picture below.

Pretty sure that those are NLA. But I found some "blind grommets" on Ebay awhile back to seal up the holes in my tin, and they work great.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-x-PVC-Electrica...=item5d3ee9ea22

I can't remember who my original supplier was, but I got several in a couple different sizes. You'll have to measure the hole, as I don't remember what size it was. I think 45 mm?
ThePaintedMan
If you find out the size, remind me, and I can send you one of the extras I have. I'm saving one for FourBlades, but I think I still have an extra.
JeffBowlsby
Bus Boys had them the last I checked.
timothy_nd28
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Jun 10 2013, 07:42 PM) *

Bus Boys had them the last I checked.

agree.gif Just looked on the site. Here's the pn 021-119-957
ThePaintedMan
Sorry, I forgot that I use the dual sender on a grease hose extension, so the hole in the tin is really large without some kind of grommet to seal it. If you're using the stock sender, then the Bus Boys solution is probably the better way to go.
JeffBowlsby
AutoAtlanta has them too.
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ Jun 11 2013, 06:31 AM) *

Sorry, I forgot that I use the dual sender on a grease hose extension, so the hole in the tin is really large without some kind of grommet to seal it. If you're using the stock sender, then the Bus Boys solution is probably the better way to go.

The original formed grommet should work just fine for the remote mounted sender. The hole in the center is pretty small. Because the hole is not a simple circle cut in a flat surface, a plain grommet may not work at all .............

The Cap'n
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.