Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Heat Exchangers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mblizzard
I was just wondering if there was a difference in the 1.8 and 2.0 heat exchangers? I am looking at a 2.0 to swap out my ailing 1.8 and was wondering if the heat exchangers would work?
TheCabinetmaker
Yes. You will need to use muffler and hanger bracket from the 1.8 too. What year is your car? 74? use it. 75/76? backdate it.

Edit: If the are stock he's, you'll lose a couple of those 2.0 horses. Smaller diamater pipe.
rhodyguy
absolutely. all of 1.7/1.8 he components will swap over to the 2.0 as a package.

k
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jun 11 2013, 08:46 AM) *

absolutely. all of 1.7/1.8 he components will swap over to the 2.0 as a package.

k

agree.gif

i have a 75 2.0 , ,when i purchased it i found the original restrictive system on there, leaking badly and replaced it with a new set of SS HE but at the time i did not know the difference in the 1.8 vs 2.0 - which is minimal and the SS's are the same diameter, and not restrictive like the 75-76's. Also put on a Triad and found this system to be a big improvement. Just order new gaskets and you will be good to go.

phil
Mblizzard
It is a 1975 1.8. It has SS heat exchangers on it now so I know they are not stock and should not be as restrictive as stock versions.

Gets me one step closer.
TheCabinetmaker
Then its a direct swap.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.