Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Seat Belt Mount "Nut"
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Kevins911
I need two of the seat belt mount nuts for the inner rockers, it's basically a nut welded to a 1"x4" peice steel, they are the ones in the center tunnel and inner rockers.

Alternatively, does anyone know what the size and thread pitch is? Could just make it up my self if I could find a supplier for the nuts.

Thanks
Kevin

bulitt
I believe they are all 7/16" fine thread. US standard.
Try this site-
Seatbelt
bdstone914
QUOTE(bulitt @ Jun 18 2013, 06:53 AM) *

Try this site-
Seatbelt

I doubt they are u.s spec. No other fastener on the car is. I will measure one today.

Bruce
aaron72914
I may have some of these....I'll look tonight.
ThePaintedMan
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jun 18 2013, 10:28 AM) *

Try this site-
Seatbelt

I doubt they are u.s spec. No other fastener on the car is. I will measure one today.

Bruce

Bruce,

Side note, but I think Bowlsby or someone has covered this in a thread before, which I don't have on hand at the moment. But I believe they said that seatbelt bolts had to be standardized in the U.S. so even if every other fastener is metric, the seatbelt hardware is not.

Interested to see what you find though.
Luke M
I just made up a set for my brothers car.
The nut is a 7/16 '' x 20 thread.
The factory bolts screw right in no problem.
Get yourself some 1x4x3/16 steel drill a hole in the center and weld a 7/16x20 nut on it then weld it to the inside of the inner long. I don't have pics handy but I plan on taking some next time I'm over helping him.

Hope this helps. beerchug.gif
Kevins911
yep, thanks for the info, the seat belt hardware is all 7/16x20 confirmed with a tap and die. Would have never thought they were an SAE thread as the REPA bolts are graded as 8.8

Cheers
Kevin
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jun 18 2013, 07:28 AM) *

Try this site-
Seatbelt

Bruce

You're wrong. They're functionally 7/16" UNF. International standard.

The Cap'n
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.